Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

XP11 with Plan-G 3.1.4 and XPUIPC 2.0 not working? XP with flight plans?

I thought i had seen a few mentions of getting XP11 to work with Plan-G and XPUIPC.. i configured the ip address of my machine in XPUIPC, fired up XP11 and tried to hit connect in Plan-G but it doesnt find my location on the map..

Any thoughts on that?

Also.. i guess maybe due to being beta, but how do you load a flight plan in XP11?

Thanks in advance 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Don't know how to connect the both (I never do that) but flightplans are loaded using the appropriate devices on the planes themselves. Great feature! You have the export the plans from Plan-G into the flightplan folder in the XP folder (can't check the exact name right now.) Example: in the Cessna, go to the GPS, press the FPL button and then rotate the lower right knob to the right and you will see all flightplans: press the the lower right know to activate the cursor and then rotate it to select the desired plan. Then press ENT to load it. As I said I can't check things right know so I may have missed some steps or have some names of buttons wrong but it is easy. And quite realistic. Surely beats having to load a plan through the menu (which pauses the sim etc.).

Btw Plan-G needs to be updated yet to become compatible with XP11: could be that is why they don't connect well yet...? And I myself use my P3D database to plan flights because creating an XP11 database certainly doesn't work yet.

Don't know how to connect the both (I never do that) but flightplans are loaded using the appropriate devices on the planes themselves. Great feature! You have the export the plans from Plan-G into the flightplan folder in the XP folder (can't check the exact name right now.) Example: in the Cessna, go to the GPS, press the FPL button and then rotate the lower right knob to the right and you will see all flightplans: press the the lower right know to activate the cursor and then rotate it to select the desired plan. Then press ENT to load it. As I said I can't check things right know so I may have missed some steps or have some names of buttons wrong but it is easy. And quite realistic. Surely beats having to load a plan through the menu (which pauses the sim etc.).

Btw Plan-G needs to be updated yet to become compatible with XP11: could be that is why they don't connect well yet...? And I myself use my P3D database to plan flights because creating an XP11 database certainly doesn't work yet.

Ah, i hadnt realized this (yet) :)  I'm using the rift, so this may also help and make things easier.. ill play around with this more later on and see how it goes.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

hi, i`m using the http://onlineflightplanner.org/ and i copy the *.fms into the "x-plane/output/FMS plans" folder. And in X-Plane, i load the plan into the GPS. Like Jeroen already did explain.

I thought i had seen a few mentions of getting XP11 to work with Plan-G and XPUIPC.. i configured the ip address of my machine in XPUIPC, fired up XP11 and tried to hit connect in Plan-G but it doesnt find my location on the map..

Any thoughts on that?

Also.. i guess maybe due to being beta, but how do you load a flight plan in XP11?

Thanks in advance 

At the present time to run XP11 with Plan-G you need to use  XP-10 database load when you configure Plan-G.

The author of Plan-G (Tim) has just obtained his XP-11 and is in the process of re-working Plan-G for XP-11 database.

I use Plan-G almost daily with XP11, and as long as I use XP10 data all is fine including flight planing.

Remember that you need to use the Export function of Plan-G to get a .FMS file to 11.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

I've been using Plan-G with XP11 beta and it's working fine. Use the info above about exporting the .fms file, and use the XP10 data for now, until Plan-G is updated. I haven't found any problems doing that. User waypoints added to a flight plan are working so far.

The moving map connect with XPUIPC is also working here. I just copied over the XPUIPC plugin folder from my XP10 installation into the XP11 plugin folder. If it's a first-time installation for XPUIPC, there is info about how to do that in the Plan-G manual.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor