Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

Vancouver+ Vol1 is out

Well so far it has a bigger hit on my system than Misty Fjords. I lost maybe 5FPS over the default Vancouver with UT installed. But it does come with a cool config utility to add and delete features (like Marinas and AI).Over all it is not that bad on frames considering the details it add's. Pitt Meadows is amazing.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

looks beautiful, but for 50 dollars I think I will wait a while...

Well I've got everything ticked and maxed out and it runs ok on my system. On the other hand I do have an AMD 64 3500+, 1gig of RAM and a 6600GT PCIE 128MB card.

Hi there,just FYI, the price tag for North American customers is 34 Euros, which is ~US$40, not 50.Cheers, Holger

For the record too. Vauchez is doing the airport (CYVR) as Vancouver+ 2.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Guest Canadian_Pilot

The top part of North America has to pay 50 dollars "Canadian Dollar"

>Hi there,>>just FYI, the price tag for North American customers is 34>Euros, which is ~US$40, not 50.>>Cheers, HolgerUS$46.60 [EUR 39.44]Close enough to 50 for me.While I think it looks breathtaking, I do not fly much around that area because real weather usually means you can't see much except clouds, and 50 dollars doesn't help IMO. But one day I might get it after I purchase the great Flightscenery Rhode Island. If you can buy Vancouver 2 which has the airport without 1, I would buy that first

Guest JDKL

Ultimate Terrain Canada/Alaska is $30 - and this is all of Canada and Alaska. The incredible DreamFleet Baron58 with some of the latest Reality XP avionics included is $29 - can be flown anyware. Flightzone Rhode Island is $30.Vancover+ volume 1 - does not include CYVR. Hmmm, this may well be great scenery but for $40 I think I'll pass for now. I probably would buy this but for me this is too much.34 euros today is $40US and $47CAN.Ed

my mistake! I didn't realize I was looking at the price with VAT, without vat it is 40 dollars. Stupid me. Anyway, it does look amazing, sorry for the mistake!

Hi Alex,Glad you sorted the price issue out, thanks for clarifying. As for real weather, Vancouver's climate can be simplified by stating it has a rainy season and a dry season. During November-April it is indeed quite cloudy and often rainy. June-September is usually quite dry, and you'll find good flying conditions at that time. The months between tend be variable.Thanks for pointing this out: it's a good point to put in a future version of the manual.Jon

It is a beautiful area, I hope to visit sometime. But as you said, there are certain times that the weather cooperates more, I will probably wait to buy this scenery until around June as I love to fly real weather and current date/time.Take care