Sign in to follow this  
onebob

Using the GTN750 update

I downloaded the Garmin P>C> Trainer update ver 6.21.1 and the Fight1 GTN750 ver 1.2. and its working ok in the LearJetL35a.

Have noticed the ( sure its new) tracking arrow/arm and it works well for guidance intercepting the flightplan course.

2wfdbQ1.png

bob

Hi Bob,

Just installed it last night - haven't had a real flight with it yet... Looks good...

Psst - your anti-skid is off...

:Tounge:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Psst - your anti-skid is off...

ooop's didn't have your check list out for the test flight.

bob

Hi Bob,

LOL - yeah - I'm going to polish everything up and share it...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

I'm going to polish everything up and share it...

I noticed you have a condition 'set trim' ,Just found a hidden away switch/slider on the c0-pilot side is that what you mean.

there is a dial or something for trim, of which I don't understand.

bob

Hi Bob,

"Set Trim" is set by the conventional trim buttons in FS - "Elevator Trim Up" and "Elevator Trim Down" - I don't even know if there is a button in the VC to actually press with the mouse for this function - if you've found it - you have better eyes than me... Traditionally - they're located on the yoke... I just have my joystick mapped to these functions... There is a gauge to indicate your trim position on the center console between the seats... There is also an indicator on the Warning Panel Annunciation on the glare shield - it's on the last column on the right - it goes out when the trim is in the approved range for takeoff... I hope this helps...

Regards,

Scott

if you've found it

I'm sure I saw something in the Pilot flight manual re a switch on the co-pilots side, however I managed to zoom in on the switch and its for the emergency landing gear...! ha aha

with regards to the 'Trim' I was referring to the dial positions, reading the flight manual it seems to be connected to the cog and there is a graph for the setting. The is a lengthy procedure for checking the trim, at the moment I've just been using a position between fwd and aft.

I noticed the anou' light is on until it comes past the aft position.

bob

I don't even know if there is a button in the VC to actually press with the mouse for this function - if you've found it - you have better eyes than me...

There is a combined pitch and aileron trim button on the left handle of the yoke, but the pitch trim aspect of this button does not work -- at least not for me. I don't know if this is a bug or use of this button for pitch trim was never implemented. The tool tip that pops up only indicates aileron trim.

Al

I use aileron, elevator and rudder trim from the standard P3d controls/keys menu. Just add a slider function to speed up the settings. Then the "reset" assignment is mapped to another X55 switch, for ease of use.

I map them to hats on my X55! (I know the Lear doesn't have a side stick controller...but hey, it did begin life as a ground attack fighter bomber) :-)

Cheers,

David

David,

I use buttons on the Saitek yoke for elevator, aileron and rudder trim. I was just curious if the pitch trim 'button' on the Lear35 was implemented, or if the problem is just with my system for some reason.

Thx,

Al

David,

I use buttons on the Saitek yoke for elevator, aileron and rudder trim. I was just curious if the pitch trim 'button' on the Lear35 was implemented, or if the problem is just with my system for some reason.

Thx,

Al

Hi Al, I confess to never trying the button! With the Lear already being a bit of a handful, I'd rather use my hat switches. Can't foresee a situation in the sim where I would fiddle with the mouse to trim her up:-)

BTW. Unrelated topic, I was testing the envelope today, got M8.8 at Fl 480! Above Fl 500 the engines began to suffer and speed dropped away. I don't believe a Lear ever exceeded M7.8, with those straight wings? Fascinating anyway!

Regards,

David