Sign in to follow this  
agusti747

4 questions for HOME COCKPIT use

Hi,

I'm very impressed with this software, so I would like to test with my X-Plane based cockpit. So I have 3 questions:

1.- I understand this software runs as plugin,  in main X-Plane 10 screen, and under X-P11 (When available)  on any screen of main computer. So I understand that it's not possible yet the use of this software in a second networked computer. Isn't it? There are future plans to do it?

2.- Can I use this software on a touch screen? I'm building a home cockpit, then my goal is the NO USE OF MOUSE. If affirmative, Wich screen requirements I need? Like resolution, interfacing (VGA, USB)... I'm thinking in a 15 inch 4:3 screen, or a 16:9 in vertical position.

3.- Can I use with three different computers with same license? Obviously, not at same time. I have one computer for my cockpit, another for testing pursose, and a netbook. It's enough with one license?

4.-Can I use an external pushbutton and encoder? I would like to build a 3D bezel and simulate two bezel pushbuttons and main encoder. Now I'm using an Arduino Mega and datarefs for all cockpit switches, encoders, and pushbuttons.

That's all, thank you for your time!

Austin

Hi Austin, and thank you for your kind words!

I'll try my best to answer, but please note the product is not tailored specifically for the kind of usage you describe, although it has a number of facilities to help you out!

1) It is not a 'networked' product, it is an in-sim product. Different target audiences, and offering the former is something on our list in the future.

2) There is no specifics for touch screen but what windows + XPlane offer. The plugin touch screen inputs come from the mouse events Windows sends to XPlane, which in turn sends to our plugin. Should the monitor converts touch to mouse events, and should XPlane receives them well, this should work.

3) Not really. Although the EULA grants you the right for a typical desktop + notebook install and not using both at the same time, 3 installations is a little too much for a single license isn't it?

4) The plugin publishes custom XPlane commands to drive its keys and knobs. Provided you convert your hardware events to XPlane commands, this should work all right!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Good evening, everyone.

Apologies for bringing up this old post again, but I found it appropriate to ask my queries.
I am building a GTN750 for my homecockpit and plan to use XP11 and RXP GTN750. I have read some of the responses in the previous post and would like to go over the following.
A lot happened from 2017 to now.

1 Can the bezel be removed from the instrument and sent to another display recognized by XP11?
2 According to the above I can program an arduino to send commands to XP11 to control the GTN750?
3 If I have a touch screen monitor, can I control the instrument from the touch screen?
4 These functions are also applicable to the MSFS and P3D versions?

Thank you very much

Jose

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

None of the RXP staff was able to answer the questions asked in the previous post.

I will have to spend the money buying the software and then see if it works for me or waste my money.
Thank you very much for any response..

Jose

Hi,

I'm sorry for this, it looks like I just missed your post!

1. You can display the GTN in a XP11 popup/popped out window, with or without bezel.

2. As long as you can send XP11 commands, you can directly control the GTN using either its own published commands or the stock XP11 commands.

3. If the touch screen monitor is working with XP11 like a left mouse button (press, hold/drag, release) I believe therefore it should work.

4. Pretty much the same of the FS/P3D (NB: not FS2020) version.

You might want to also review the RXP GTN User's Manual available from our website. All the above is documented in more details!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)