i have decided i have had enough of p3d v3 as the water sucks and the hdr sucks also my woai aircraft don't work properly the lights are all messed up so i am asking is it better to go to fsx with the dx10 fixer or p3d v2.5 thanks.

Alexander Shepherd

There are better water textures available

The HDR is adjustable (you can even turn it off, how cool is that)

Your WOAI were made for FS9 a 14 year old platform, but P3Dv3 must suck if it doesn't display them correctly, not sure I follow your logic there.

• Upvote 6

OP warned for using tags to troll/incite our members. 

EDIT:  Warning to OP was removed.  The OP did not place those tags to his post, our system automatically tagged every post with those tags.  I have fixed this issue.  I have apologized to the OP for issuing the warning and punishment.

Edited by Jim Young
  • Upvote 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for letting us know...

• Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi Alexander,

With respect, you're condemnation of Prepar3D is totally without substance. Also, I would suggest, you are missing the point. Not only does Lockheed Martin's ongoing development of their 'out-of-the-box' Prepar3D 3.x represent a very capable and convincing simulation of flight, it has the enormous built-in potential to become a truly great all-encompassing representation of our real world. This requires dedication on the part of the end user willing to spend the time and effort researching what is available and recommended as being appropriate enhancements to add to the base simulator platform. Our individual preferences and opinions will be as diverse as all those 3rd Party products available out there. We are truly fortunate to be in the position of being able to mould this silmulator in any number of ways to meet our requirements and expectations.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 4

Hey Alex, I stopped Drinking the Koolaid at v 2.5, and went back to v1.4, and I am satisfied . Works Really well, sort of Like FSX on Steroids, back too Fun Simming again ! All My FSX, and most of My FS9 Airplanes Work, The Free Stuff !! And I'm not Paying $75 Bucks for an Airplane !! Runs Smooth, and with My Poor Old Wore Out Computer, I'm Getting 25 - 30 fps !! I may Upgrade Again Someday, But I'm Set for Now !! - Johnman B)

Specs :

AMD Phenom 2 850 X 4 @ 3.,3 ghz

GT 730 2gb Ram

8 gb Ram OB

2ea TB DRives

If you are that pessimistic about P3Dv3, do your homework instead of inciting others to the point of not wanting to help.  I use P3Dv3.3 on a mediocre pc with great results and my settings and addons for water provide very good environment, IMHO.  I use REX4TD, here is a pic:

2016-8-24_12-17-13-675.png

May not be the greatest, but very satisfying to me. 

Hope you find what best suits you.  Happy flying

• Upvote 1

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

so i am asking is it better to go to fsx with the dx10 fixer or p3d v2.5 thanks.

If I were you I would look for another hobby, a hobby that does not sucks.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

While I disagree with the OP that v3 sucks.....I will concede that the water looks poor.  What addons / replacements are people using to improve it?

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Really can't see what's wrong with the water. If you need to fine tune it, use PTA. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

My solo in getting my Private ticket many years ago was over the Atlantic Ocean in a traffic pattern, 2 miles from my home. P3D water looks fine to me, but what do I know....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

OP warned for using tags to troll/incite our members. 

EDIT:  Warning to OP was removed.  The OP did not place those tags to his post, our system automatically tagged every post with those tags.  I have fixed this issue.  I have apologized to the OP for issuing the warning and punishment.

Thanks for letting us know...

As you can see in RED I corrected my mistake.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok i'm sorry for what i said i am just annoyed that i can't get the water to look like fsx water and also my woai aircraft lights dont work it is very frustrating i know they are old aircraft would it would be good to get a way to get the lights to work as with the water it looks good if i turn hdr off but then the sky looks bad all i want to do is have bloom on like you did in fsx. but yes p3d is far superior in other ways shadows the cloud shadows are awesome and the textures look much better also the performance is brilliant but if someone could help me would be good if i could get some lights for my ai aircraft that work i just don't understand why they don't.

Alexander Shepherd