Sign in to follow this  
Rolfspan

P3D V3.4 disappears from desktop when loading flight plan

Now a curious thing happens. Whenever I save a Flightplan generated by little Nav plan in P3D v3 documents and attempt to enter it in P3D, the scenery is rebuilt but as soon as it hits the magic 99 to transiton to appearing on the desktop, P3D disappears from the Monitor. In other words it crashes. If I do not load the saved plan all is well. Of course that defeats the purpose of wanting to use little Navmap.

I am certain there is a solution and would appreciate some help.

thanks a lot.

Rolf

Hi Alex,

Here is the flight plan.
EDHK N0320F240 DCT MIC DCT ROSOK DCT 5406N01322E DCT EU04 DCT TEBLU DCT KRT DCT GOMED DCT UMKK
I tried other flight plans but they appear to work fine. After trying one that works and then changing it to the one above, it did not crash. If I load the flightplan from start it will disappear from the desktop as it finishes loading. I located a youtube video that deals with a similar issue. It might be of intererst.
My path to flight plans is as follows:
Thanks for your help.
Rolf
C:\Users\Rolf\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

Sorry about the video appearing in my reply. I just wanted to send the link to the video.

Rolf 

• Upvote 1

I had that exact problem moons ago and after trying everything I could find, except this because I couldn't find it I removed P3D, and think it still didn't work and reinstalled Windows. Oh, the hours of frustration I could have saved.

I always make sure not to save a flight now.

I think I did on accident when I was first experimenting with DSR and could barely see the P3D menu and clicked on save flight or something by accident and the adventure started.

Thanks for posting the video.

Aaron Tirrell

Thanks, Rolf.

your saving location is ok.

I can reproduce this here. Except, that FSX chooses to ignore the flight plan generated from the route description instead of crashing.

Anyway, something is wrong with the plan. I'll check that.

Alex

Edit: I found the problem. The name of the user defined waypoint 5406N01322E is too long :sad:. Only ten characters are allowed. My error.

Funny that this is enough to let P3D crash...

As a workaround:

Whenever you have user defined waypoints generated from a route description rename these manually.

Right click on the green square on the map and select "Edit name for user waypoint ...". Remove until length is ten characters. The dialog doesn't allow more anyway.

Edited by albar965
Added found error and workaround

Alex

The plan in question is not a big deal for me. But it would be neat to find out what causes this so I can avoid this in the future. It may be as simple as placing a wrong waypoint, but then what do I know.

I have to say that I really like Little Navmap. I have a number of favorite planes and so far all, other than the Majestic Q 400, work with LNM.

Thank you for a great product and your help.

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

for now you can rename the user defined waypoint before saving the plan as I described in my edited post above.

But this is clearly an oversight on my side and will be fixed in the next release.

Alex