Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Ultimate Realism Pack v1.0 Prologue

You lost me completely at this instruction:

" When you open ReShade in P3D for the first time, clikc on "Continue", choose URP preset on the next screen (red field at the top of the ReShade window), finish the tutorial."

Ok, think I have it sorted,,,,very complicated setup. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

All screenshots in Media section are taken with custom weather theme created in P3D, I think I've used 32 or 48km visibility up to 8000ft.
In AS16 I use max surface visibility=30 and max upper visibility=150.

Despite the adjustment on Rayleigh scattering and the visibility settings in AS2016 I am still having too much haze up to at least FL200 (with or without Reshade). I have tried to follow some indications in the troubleshooting section with no result...any further suggestion (apart from dropping AS2016... :smile: ) ?

Thanks

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Despite the adjustment on Rayleigh scattering and the visibility settings in AS2016 I am still having too much haze up to at least FL200 (with or without Reshade). I have tried to follow some indications in the troubleshooting section with no result...any further suggestion (apart from dropping AS2016... :smile: ) ?

Thanks

Ezio,

try to lower the fog density in the haze effect from 200 to 30 and density factor slider in rayleigh effect to 20, also try to lowering the cloud fog effect (I've set mine to 0.70)

hope this give you a direction.

cheers

I installed this and do not get any haze. I get the window that pops up where I can check all the setting boxes I want, but no haze. I will say that this is the most complex thing to setup that I have run across in twenty years of working with files and mods. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I installed this and do not get any haze. I get the window that pops up where I can check all the setting boxes I want, but no haze. I will say that this is the most complex thing to setup that I have run across in twenty years of working with files and mods. 

Running PTA tool to apply preset, and installing ReShade in 3 clicks + copying 4 files is the most complex thing? Just open ReShade window with added paths and you are good to go. Switch to configuration mode in ReShade if you want to tweak the values. Not the simplest thing out there, but if you know how to manage engines on B-377 then installing UPR is just a breeze.  :smile:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Good for you,,,for me I will just use the PTA tool and forget about all the other stuff. Like I said, installed all correctly and still do not get any haze, only strange colors which I corrected using the pop up. This setup really needs an installer.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

No problem, on some systems ReShade doesn't work so I've included PTA preset for use without ReShade.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I followed all the instructions but when reshade tries to compile I get several errors, any idea?

Do you get those errors before or after loading appropriate preset within Reshade? 

Do you get those errors before or after loading appropriate preset within Reshade? 

After. Uninstalled everything and set it up again but still errors. Also a lot of yellow unroll errors. I see that there is no regular Reshade folder in the Prepar3d v3 folder, don't know how this comes.

EDIT: Now that I use reshade 3.0.3 instead of the latest 3.0.6, no more errors occur.

Ja3y9ev.png

Nothing against haze, to the contrary, but the blue tint is overdone for my eyes. Which setting to reduce this value please?

Hans

Ezio,

try to lower the fog density in the haze effect from 200 to 30 and density factor slider in rayleigh effect to 20, also try to lowering the cloud fog effect (I've set mine to 0.70)

hope this give you a direction.

cheers

Thanks..! I ended up after some trials with density factor in rayleigh to 80 and cloud fog effect to 0.8 and the results are brilliant...!!

regards

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

After. Uninstalled everything and set it up again but still errors. Also a lot of yellow unroll errors. I see that there is no regular Reshade folder in the Prepar3d v3 folder, don't know how this comes.

EDIT: Now that I use reshade 3.0.3 instead of the latest 3.0.6, no more errors occur.

Ja3y9ev.png

check the shader and textures paths in the ReShade settings tab, and make sure that you remove the first path (...Prepar3d v3\)

this is from instruction.txt in included in the URP pack:

- go to ReShade "SETTINGS", and insert "...\Prepar3D v3\reshade-shaders\Shaders\" path in the "Effect Search Paths" field. In my case it's "d:\Prepar3D v3\reshade-shaders\Shaders\".

- insert "...\Prepar3D v3\reshade-shaders\Textures\" path in the "Texture Search Paths" field. In my case it's "d:\Prepar3D v3\reshade-shaders\Textures\".

Nothing against haze, to the contrary, but the blue tint is overdone for my eyes. Which setting to reduce this value please?

Check the troubleshooting section on the website.

cheers

Howdy! Giving this a shot.  I did the PTA stuff as well as the ReShade stuff and both appear to be working.  I'm using ASCA/ENVTEX so I didn't do the sky colors and the like.

Doing a flight right now with fairly cloudy weather at S45 Siletz Bay at around 16:20 local time.  The sky and clouds look magnificent, as does the cockpit (unlit J3 Cub.)  However, the terrain is rather dark - is this expected?

http://imgur.com/a/4c9Z5

It looks nice, but it's incredibly hard to see any detail at all.  If that's how it's supposed to be in fairly cloudy weather at dusk, then I guess I'd be curious how to brighten the terrain somewhat.  It looks very nice otherwise, so far!

-stefan

Edit: I'm adding a 3rd image to the album, should be up soon.  It shows something a bit weird, in that the terrain seems visible where there's not cockpit shadows.  FWIW I went to a spot view to rule out incompatibilities with the J3 Cub in P3D and it's still very dark.  That shadow thing is weird though!

Edit 2: Adding a couple more images to the album.  I also noticed a weirdness with ORBX Trees HD.  They're outlined in some lighting conditions.  I've put some labels on the images in the album to help clear things up maybe.

Hello.

Is it possible to have the snow in white?

With the pta tool an the ultimateshader presets, i habe snow that looks to dark, almost brown.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.