Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Ultimate Realism Pack v1.0 Prologue

Stefan: I would start from going to troubleshooting section on main page of this preset and applying all fixes listed there (all 5 which are on screenshots).

It somehow helped me.

@Stefan - understood.

@Pe11e -> what water textures to use? Whatever I use from TOPHAT looks dark as coal. Some REX4  recommendation?

This troubleshooting i have already seen. In this troubleshooting isn't nothing about terrain and snow colour.

There are only tweaks about terrain-colour for reshade.

That's the reason why i ask here in the forum.

kind regards

Stefan Mühlemann

What degradation of FPS can I expect when using ReShade?

5% max in my case (from 88 to 84fps for example).

@Stefan - understood.

@Pe11e -> what water textures to use? Whatever I use from TOPHAT looks dark as coal. Some REX4  recommendation?

I use REX4, I think the darkest set, not sure. I love dark water. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hello.

In the PTA tool you can fix it.

Terrain lightnig is the key. Look at the description on the right side. When you use the preset from ultimate shader, you get yelow or dark snow.

This i because the ambient sun parameter. Set this to 1.0 (default) instead of 0.3..

This fix it for me. In summer us 0.3 ok. for me. In winter the snow looks to dark.

The post process shaders (sepia, DPX) can make the snow looks yellow too.

Please give me a feedback.

Cheers,

Stefan

great thank you

• Upvote 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

There are a lot of Stefans in this thread.  I approve.  

I'll try to find some time this weekend to mess with PTA on mine to get the terrain to be a bit more visible in early evening and late morning, I'll report back if/when I come up with some solutions.

-stefan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.