Sign in to follow this  
alderon57

Night lighting on fire

I'd like your opinions on how to get night lighting corrected on my P3d v3.2 setup.  Basically, it looks like any urban / suburban textures are a raging firestorm - way too bright and lit up everywhere.  (I don't have a good place to store a photo, or I would have a link here...)

My setup:

- v3.2

- Orbx Global and LC NA

- UTX roads

- REX textures for water, sky, clouds

- using PTA v2.0

I have tried every combination I can think of - Orbx night lighting on / off, UTX night lighting on / off, reduced the autogen emissive value in PTA.  These things make a bit if difference, but overall it looks like a forest fire below me.  The rest of my P3d world looks great.

Thanks,

Ron

Just saw this last night as well.  I think its to make it look like the towns/cities have that ambient glow like in real life.   I have the same addons as you except i don't have UTX so its probably FTX Global.  Might wanna try the lights configurator in FTX Central. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

So, it's the building lights that look like they're on fire, or the ground?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have the same addons as you except i don't have UTX so its probably FTX Global.  Might wanna try the lights configurator in FTX Central. 

I'm a huge fan of the Orbx Lights Configurator tool.    I find that setting light sizes to very small makes city scapes at night look much more realistic

Gregg, and friends,

It appears to be the ground textures.  Actual street lighting looks to be separate, and changes depending on which settings I have on or off.  I'll take a look at FTX Central, and see if anything there helps.

Ron

Gregg, and friends,

It appears to be the ground textures. Actual street lighting looks to be separate, and changes depending on which settings I have on or off. I'll take a look at FTX Central, and see if anything there helps.

Ron

There's an urban area setting in PTA that you can adjust.  Have you tried it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There is a setting in PTA for night textures (can't recall the exact entry name), you will need to reduce it.  I have mine set at 2.1 and night looks great.  The only thing that I do not like is the fact it brightens up my ORBX OpenLC NA roads too much and it looks a bit like lava flows.  If I darken it down it makes everything else (FTX Global lights)  too dim so I just had to find a happy balance.  Mess around with that number until you get something you like!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I've settled on UTX lights and really like the way my nights look now. There are recommended settings by NickN in the UTX forums and they really do make a big difference.

I'd like your opinions on how to get night lighting corrected on my P3d v3.2 setup.  Basically, it looks like any urban / suburban textures are a raging firestorm - way too bright and lit up everywhere.

(I don't have a good place to store a photo, or I would have a link here...)...

Thanks,

Ron

1."V" key for screenshot.

2. Open Imgur or a myriad of photo sites online, then;

3. Upload pointing to desired screenie in %USERName%\Pictures\Prepar3D v3 Files , then;

4. Get assigned link

5. Place link here.

Nowwwww we can see what you're talking about.

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2