Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Cloud Shadows v1.3 and now v1.4

Hello Steve,

It seems to me that Cloud Shadows version 1.4 breaks the Orbx lights fix, I see no cloud shadows and the lights are back to

black squares.

I have uninstalled version 1.4 but left the Fixer version 3.2 and the black squares are gone again.

The Orbx lights work well on my PC with the DX10 fixer 3.2 and CloudShadows 1.4.

Have You re-installed the library in the DX10 controller, which is required after the CloudShadow installation?

@nolonger  - I have Orbx  and 1.4 works fine with the lights. 

It sounds to me as if the Fixer libraries were not installed for some reason when you ran Fsx.      The Orbx lights would be the first and most obvious thing that would stand out.

I would suggest that you reinstall CloudShadows 1.4  - confirm when its complete that the build reported in the Controller is build 100  and confirm that the libraries are up to date and installed.  Then run fsx.

There is only a one line change between 1.3 and 1.4  btw.  The autogen shadow logic in 1.3 was using the wrong variable to obtain the shadow intensity and thus was shadowing with a value of 0%.

I have made a new version of Cloud Shadows available for download - version 1.3.

To Update simply use the URL that you were sent when you purchased to get the new version. Note that this version is delivered as a zip containing the installer, manual and installation notes.

I no longer have the email with the URL. Any idea how to get the version 1.4 update?

@nolonger  - I have Orbx  and 1.4 works fine with the lights.

It sounds to me as if the Fixer libraries were not installed for some reason when you ran Fsx.

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

You are of course absolutely correct and now that I have re-installed properly,

i works just as it should.

Apologies for wasting your time.

I no longer have the email with the URL. Any idea how to get the version 1.4 update?

I have located your order and I have told fastspring to resend you the download email

I have located your order and I have told fastspring to resend you the download email

Steve, your the best, thanks.

Hi Steve, I'd like to purchase DX10 Cloud Shadows, can you confirm that it works with FSX:SE?

Thanks a lot,

Ric

• Upvote 1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

..and it does so beautifully! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks guys, go to purchase it :-)

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270