Sign in to follow this  
JumboJet

Some questions about the PMDG 747v3

Hi

I have a few questions for the BETA testers !

-If we have ALL ENG flameout, is the ELEC HYD Pump powered by motors that rotate thanks to the force of the wind?

-Do you have a wind data uplink like the 777?

-If one engine exceeds the 960°C EGT limit at take-off will it have consequences on the engine ?

-Can we select the number of PSI we have in the masks? This is a detail but it could be great to train / learn LIM also for the OIL QTY of the ENG for a failure ?

-In EEC Alternate Mode damage the engine if we stay in TOGA for too long ?

For CAT IIIs :

During an autoland, are the AC and DC BUS 1,2, 3 isolated at 1500ft ?

-ELECTRICAL SYNOPTIC INHIBITED FOR AUTOLAND is displayed if the synoptic ELEC is selected? Are the BUS reactivated if we go TOGA or turn off the PA during an autoland ?

-Can I de-ice and PMDG consider the LOUT?

Sorry for all those hazardous questions I would like to have an idea of the product quality but I'm sure it will be great !

Hi

I have a few questions for the BETA testers !

-If we have ALL ENG flameout, is the ELEC HYD Pump powered by motors that rotate thanks to the force of the wind?

-If one engine exceeds the 960°C EGT limit at take-off will it have consequences on the engine ?

-Can we select the number of PSI we have in the masks? This is a detail but it could be great to train / learn LIM also for the OIL QTY of the ENG for a failure ?

-In EEC Alternate Mode damage the engine if we stay in TOGA for too long ?

For CAT IIIs :

-ELECTRICAL SYNOPTIC INHIBITED FOR AUTOLAND is displayed if the synoptic ELEC is selected? Are the BUS reactivated if we go TOGA or turn off the PA during an autoland ?

Sorry for all those hazardous questions I would like to have an idea of the product quality but I'm sure it will be great !

I am not a beta tester, but these are my thoughts:

- The 747-400 does not have a RAT (Ram Air Turbine) which is the "motor that rotates with the force of the wind" you refer to. The 747-8 does. I expect it will function exactly as in the real airplane, as on the 777.

- Wind data; why would they leave out a feature that they already have? (unless the real airplane lacks said feature)

- I will leave PMDG to answer the rest as I do not have that information. But I suspect that it will function exactly as the real airplane does, which is the whole point of a study sim.

This was a feature even back in the original FS9 version.

Yes.

-In EEC Alternate Mode damage the engine if we stay in TOGA for too long ?

Exceeding limitations - no matter what the limit is - will have consequences. As for the masks, no. This isn't a hypoxia simulator.

If you're using service based failures, your aircraft fluid levels will eventually need to be topped up. If they aren't, you will see consequences.

Autoland is realistically simulated.

If you want to, sure, because precip and de-icing fluid are both fake in the sim. If you want to observe LOUT and holdover times, it's entirely up to you. We do not have any specific functions to handle ice other than the ANTI-ICE system being modeled.

Kyle Rodgers

I know for the RAT. I know all of the 747. Just I ask for know what is simulated.

I affirme : On the 747 it's like that
Question : Is it simulated ?

If we have ALL ENG flameout, is the ELEC HYD Pump powered by motors that rotate thanks to the force of the wind, it's simulated or not ? ( because on iFly is not simulated )

sorry for my english from France

Yes.

Exceeding limitations - no matter what the limit is - will have consequences. As for the masks, no. This isn't a hypoxia simulator.

If you're using service based failures, your aircraft fluid levels will eventually need to be topped up. If they aren't, you will see consequences.

Autoland is realistically simulated.

If you want to, sure, because precip and de-icing fluid are both fake in the sim. If you want to observe LOUT and holdover times, it's entirely up to you. We do not have any specific functions to handle ice other than the ANTI-ICE system being modeled.

Thanks you for the reply sir !

Question : Is it simulated ?

If we have ALL ENG flameout, is the ELEC HYD Pump powered by motors that rotate thanks to the force of the wind, it's simulated or not ? ( because on iFly is not simulated )

Bonjour, 

Je pense que c'est un problème de langue car la question a déjà été répondue.

En français: "ELEC HYD Pump powered by motors that rotate thanks to the force of the wind", comme répondu précédemment, cela s'appelle le RAT et ce n'est pas simulé sur le 744 car il n'y en a pas sur l'avion réel.

Par contre, le 747-8 en est équipé et cela sera donc simulé sur celui de PMDG.

In English: "ELEC HYD Pump powered by motors that rotate thanks to the force of the wind", as previously answered, this is called the RAT and it is not simulated on the 744 because the real aircraft is not fitted with.

However, the 747-8 does have one and as such it will be simulated on the PMDG's.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Nan je sais qu'il n'y a pas de RAT sur le 747-400 je suis pas bête je connais très bien cet avion je n'ai jamais parler de RAT je demandais si on perds tout les moteurs le PMDG simule le fait que les moteurs moulinent et fournissent les elec hydr pump.

Je ne pose aucune question sur le 747 puisque je le connais je demande simplement ce qui est simulé ou pas. Si y'a moyen de traduire ca c'est top !

I try in english :

I know that there is no RAT in the 747-400 I'm not stupide I know this plane very well and I never talk about RAT, I was request if we loosing all engines is the PMDG simulate the mouvements of the engines give power to the ELEC HYDR PUMPS, no if it's that in the 747-400 because I know for the real plane but if the PMDG is realistic a this point.

I don't ask any question about the 747 because I know it I'm just requesting what is simulate or not just be sure of the quality of the product.

Ok, effectivement, c'était un problème de langage. Je ne connais pas la réponse, je vais traduire.

Ok so, the OP is asking whether it will be simulated that the elec hyd pumps would be powered by the engines windmilling after an all engine flameout.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Merci j’espère que j'ai été assez explicite sur mon poste précédent, c'est cool de retrouver des français par là bonne soirée a vous !

Interesting fact about the RAT is its not installed since the Boeing engineers thought the odds of all 4 engines failing were zero.

spacer.png

Nan je sais qu'il n'y a pas de RAT sur le 747-400 je suis pas bête je connais très bien cet avion je n'ai jamais parler de RAT je demandais si on perds tout les moteurs le PMDG simule le fait que les moteurs moulinent et fournissent les elec hydr pump.

Dear Monsieur (captaine?) Jumbo Jet.

There seems to be some confusion. Elec hyd pumps are not driven by the wind on the 747-400. Only engine-driven hydraulic pumps are powered by "windmilling" engines. Perhaps it is not simulated in iFly because it's not realistic.

Perhaps you are using the wrong terminology?

Regards

John H Watson

All four busses are isolated. What is poorly understood is when isolation happens. Isolation happens when approach mode is engaged (i.e. the APP button is pushed). Pilots, engineers and sim developers are often confused about this.

From my technical manuals:

"ELECTRICAL POWER SYNOPTIC PAGE

Display Inhibit

"The Synoptic display will be inhibited during a LAND3 autoland

and the degree of the inhibit is proportional to radio altitude and

autoland status.

"Radio Altitude > 1500 Feet

If selected above 1500 feet, the synoptic will be displayed. If the

system has already isolated, the pre isolate configuration will be displayed."

"Radio Altitude < 1500 Feet

If the synoptic is selected below 1500 feet and the Autoland Status is displayed

on the PFD, the EICAS display will blank"

The Boeing 767 has a similar system, but bus isolation is more noticeable on the 767 because one of the VHF comms systems momentarily loses power when the APP button is pushed.

Regards,

John H Watson (not a beta tester, but a former 747-400 Avionics Engineer)

Interesting fact about the RAT is its not installed since the Boeing engineers thought the odds of all 4 engines failing were zero.

Us Brits proved the Americans wrong, Speedbird 9  :wink:

All four busses are isolated. What is poorly understood is when isolation happens. Isolation happens when approach mode is engaged (i.e. the APP button is pushed). Pilots, engineers and sim developers are often confused about this.

From my technical manuals:

"ELECTRICAL POWER SYNOPTIC PAGEDisplay Inhibit

"The Synoptic display will be inhibited during a LAND3 autoland

and the degree of the inhibit is proportional to radio altitude and

autoland status.

"Radio Altitude > 1500 Feet

If selected above 1500 feet, the synoptic will be displayed. If the

system has already isolated, the pre isolate configuration will be displayed."

"Radio Altitude < 1500 Feet

If the synoptic is selected below 1500 feet and the Autoland Status is displayed

on the PFD, the EICAS display will blank"

The Boeing 767 has a similar system, but bus isolation is more noticeable on the 767 because one of the VHF comms systems momentarily loses power when the APP button is pushed.

Regards,

John H Watson (not a beta tester, but a former 747-400 Avionics Engineer)

True. Isolation occurs and all three autopilots engage as soon as approach is selected, 1500' is where the system self-tests and (on the 757/767) the status is annunciated. I never noticed the VHF comm issue before though. I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

To those in confusion about the OP's question as to whether the ELEC HYD pump gets powered by windmilling engines, you missed Kyle's response. Quoted below so the answer to the OP is "Yes".

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion