Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

How to resume flights or saved situations with exact same view settings?

I've been working on doing some comparison shots for various addons.. with p3d, if you save a flight, it puts you back in the exact same way you left it.. ie: if i'm outside view left wing, then when you resume you are right there..

It seems that with XP 11b3 and situation files, it does not keep this setting.

Is there a way to resume a saved flight in the exact same view.. and also.. to make sure its paused when it starts.. doesnt seem to be a way to do this either..

Thanks for any suggestions

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

If you pause X-Plane before loading the situation, it should restart paused (for me it works that way, just checked).

For the view, what you can don is store the view position (using internal X-Plane view system, or an external addon like X-Camera), so that you can retrieve the same view when reloading the flight.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

If you pause X-Plane before loading the situation, it should restart paused (for me it works that way, just checked).

For the view, what you can don is store the view position (using internal X-Plane view system, or an external addon like X-Camera), so that you can retrieve the same view when reloading the flight.

Doesnt seem to be staying paused for me, though i was only testing with flyinside, which may have something to do with it.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Doesnt seem to be staying paused for me, though i was only testing with flyinside, which may have something to do with it.

AFAIK, FlyInside changes a lot of things (such as the views). I would verify if what you are trying to do in XP works without FlyInside first.

Going back to the save view position.. how do you do this in XP?  I dont see a save view option under views?  (for the default way anyway)

Going back to the save view position.. how do you do this in XP?  I dont see a save view option under views?  (for the default way anyway)

Set the view you like (external or internal), and then press CTRL + Numpad 0...9, so you can store up to 10 different views for each aircraft this way.

To recall the view, just press NumPad 0...9

Of course Num Lock must be on.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Set the view you like (external or internal), and then press CTRL + Numpad 0...9, so you can store up to 10 different views for each aircraft this way.

Ah nice ok, thanks for that info!  Happy flying..

I confirmed even when not running flyinside.. and having saved a state with pause on, it doesnt resume paused.. unsure why.. unless FI mangled some setting somewhere to affect it even when not running FI

I confirmed even when not running flyinside.. and having saved a state with pause on, it doesnt resume paused.. unsure why.. unless FI mangled some setting somewhere to affect it even when not running FI

Perhaps pausing the sim before loading the saved state will do the trick?

Perhaps pausing the sim before loading the saved state will do the trick?

Yes, my post was not clear. You have to pause X-Plane before loading the situation.

Yes, my post was not clear. You have to pause X-Plane before loading the situation.

Ok, so basically you have to first load the flight (from a fresh open) and click load saved flight.. then it opens.. then hit pause, then REopen the saved flight.. kinda kludgy but it works.

Ok, so basically you have to first load the flight (from a fresh open) and click load saved flight.. then it opens.. then hit pause, then REopen the saved flight.. kinda kludgy but it works.

Well, it's not necessary to load the flight the first time. From a frest start (or any other situation), just pause the simulator and then open the saved situation.

This only works for one flight - they are lost after re-starting sim - I dont know of a way of permanently retaining defined views in a session 

Rich Sennett

This only works for one flight - they are lost after re-starting sim - I dont know of a way of permanently retaining defined views in a session 

Uhm... Mine are permanently saved, as it should be. They are stored in the _prefs.txt file in each aircraft folder. Maybe it's set to write only in your case?

Uhm... Mine are permanently saved, as it should be. They are stored in the _prefs.txt file in each aircraft folder. Maybe it's set to write only in your case?

Hmm I have all rights to my sims always have - have to look into this - didnt think it was an option to retain those views after a new sim start - to tell you the truth I dont think I actually tried to see if they stuck hmm  :wink:

Rich Sennett