Sign in to follow this  
FLY757X

Low FPS in the Cruise of a flight P3D V3.4

Hello! I recently have realised an Issue. That issue being the low FPS I get whilst above FL100, On the Ground I can get 30-50FPS depending on where I'm flying but In the sky it will be around 20-25 and jumping around.

I run PTA, REX Soft Clouds, FTX Global and OpenLC, I also use URP 1.0

This is my system: i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz and a GTX 960 2G GPU

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jamie

Are you running NVidia Inspector with Sparse Grid Supersampling? If so, this is not uncommon when flying with a bit of cloud cover around.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi, I'm not flying with NI and the cloud is mostly confined to lower levels 6000-FL100 This problem even persists when flying without any clouds.

AS16 and ASCA? The current SP1 is absolutely killing performance. Devs are aware and trying to figure it out.

Eric 

I'm getting similar performance issues with AS16 and ASCA, not all the time though which is strange. What I have found that worked for me was whilst in flight when I encounter moderate FPS loss, I change the cloud layer setting in As2016 SP1 to anywhere from 3-5 layers, then almost instantly I get my FPS and performance back. Now this happens even when I initially have 3 cloud layers set, I get a performance hit, then up the cloud layers to 4 or 5, I then get my performance back.

It seems that just by changing the cloud layer to another settings then after the new setting gets injected into the SIM I get my performance back

I'm getting similar performance issues with AS16 and ASCA, not all the time though which is strange. What I have found that worked for me was whilst in flight when I encounter moderate FPS loss, I change the cloud layer setting in As2016 SP1 to anywhere from 3-5 layers, then almost instantly I get my FPS and performance back. Now this happens even when I initially have 3 cloud layers set, I get a performance hit, then up the cloud layers to 4 or 5, I then get my performance back.

It seems that just by changing the cloud layer to another settings then after the new setting gets injected into the SIM I get my performance back

AS16 and ASCA? The current SP1 is absolutely killing performance. Devs are aware and trying to figure it out.

Thanks guys, I was aware that AS 2016 was killing performance but I didn't really think it could be associated. I'm now having an issue at UK airports (Only Mainland UK) as Northern Ireland seems fine. I doubt it is the same issue but It is worth a try. I'll get back to you all later when I try it out for myself.

Apparently there is no need to change the cloud layer as I mentioned above, just refresh the weather from the debug menu will have the same affect. I am yet to try this.

I am experiencing a similar issue on long hauls. Closing AS16 doesnt help. I need to save the flight and restart the sim to get my performance back. No NI settings at all. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson