Sign in to follow this  
pilotphilip

Airline2Sim 777 Course - simply, wow.

(If this is in the wrong place please do move it!)

I don't post much, but I have to say, the new PMDG 777 course from Airline2Sim is simply fantastic. I loved their Q400 series, but the production quality and the level that this training is pitched at feels even better than before. For me, it never seems overly complex or confusing and has a decent amount of dry British humour (sorry Americans!). 

I have the NGX, and had been holding on to my money ready for the new 747, but after watching the first few videos, the 777 is now also in my hanger. (Thanks for making me poorer, A2S!).

For those of us that fly a PMDG product, we surely do so because of the depth of simulation that PMDG brings? In that case, aren't we all looking to operate the aircraft just as a real crew might? That's what Airline2Sim brings to my simulation experience. Sure, you can get by without it, but if that's the case why not just buy a cheaper, simpler product? 

For me, at $40, this is an essential purchase if you own, or are thinking about buying, the PMDG 777! I'm also all for supporting what is a one man band at Airline2Sim (and a fellow Brit!) Long may products like this appear!

Happy New Year everyone. Anyone else got it? What do you think? 

PS - my wife is the ATC voice for Hawaii in the course. No commission though I'm afraid!

• Upvote 1

Philip Harris

I dont have any of the Airline2Sim products but I've heard nothing but good things. I do have the T7 200LR/F and 300ER and absolutely love it! Big hit to the pocket book for the P3D version but its great!

(If this is in the wrong place please do move it!)

I don't post much, but I have to say, the new PMDG 777 course from Airline2Sim is simply fantastic. I loved their Q400 series, but the production quality and the level that this training is pitched at feels even better than before. For me, it never seems overly complex or confusing and has a decent amount of dry British humour (sorry Americans!). 

Hi Philip, I didn't even know about the existence of this course but will certainly check it out.  I've become reasonably proficient with the NGX, but would like to reach a similar level with the 777.  And I'm on Summer holiday, so have a little bit of time available.  And being a New Zealander, I much prefer the British accent and humour as well :wink: .

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I appreciate these courses.   I learned the 737NGX through Angle of Attacks online training and I'll be taking the 777 up finally using Airline 2 Sims training.    Had the 777 in my hanger for 2 years and have never flown a single flight.  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It really is a great training series. I've been flying the 777 in P3D on and off for a couple of years and really enjoy everything about it. I'm on video 4 in the A2S series and am truly amazed by the detail put into this aircraft by PMDG. Ben and Myron are enjoyable to listen too - they have a great dynamic and the editing is excellent.

Only just spotted this - if I'd known Philip was going to give such a glowing review I'd have given his wife repeat royalties for her role as ATC :)

Great to hear this kind of positive feedback. I would also point out that these kinds of things are only possible because of the utter dedication and attention to detail from devs like PMDG, Majestic, TFDI etc. These guys have put the work in to make it faithful to the original so we will put the work in to get someone who knows what they're talking about to show it all to you.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com