Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Poor texture loading. My imagination?

I have now installed FSX-SE twice over the past two months, and believe me I have only just more or less completed the install! I'm rather disappointed, as I was hoping that it would be more stable than FSX and so far that has not been the case. Anyway, the reason for the post is that, for some reason, and I don't think I'm imagining things, the textures seem to load slower than in my previous ,standard FSX install. It's very frustrating after upgrading my machine to a 6700 and 1070 with fast RAM and SSDs. I am puzzled. I have tried virgin cfg, cfg, different values in with FFTF, different values with LOD, different values with TML, AM etc etc. I've tried different values with hyperthreading on also with hyperthreading off. In fact most of the tweaks have had little or no effect on steam edition, unlike on my previous FSX install where I could tweak my sim all day long and see results from the tweaks! I'm running at LOD 5.5 with dense or very dense autogen, with no AI except 30% GA. I have always run with very conservative settings, besides I have tried different scenery settings, none of which make any difference.

It's rather ironic, as the only thing I was hoping to achieve from the new build and change to SE was to reduce the blurries and texture loading times! The machine is faaaar smoother and faster on frames, a lot, but the slower loading of textures is driving me round the bend. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am hoping to move to P3d, but so far my experience has been inconclusive. I will try again over the next day or so, (I will be asking for some help DaveCT2003  :wink:) I would like to get a stable and efficient FSX-SE in place before concentrating further on P3d. Any similar experiences guys?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Howard, your experiences with FSX-SE mirror mine almost exactly.  In the end I gave up on it and went back to FSX Gold.  I'll follow this thread and hope the SE fans offer something substantive.  I wouldn't mind going to SE but I'm done wasting my time dealing with its slow loading textures (curious how in 10+ years of FSX I've only experienced those blurries in SE).

Greg

Howard, your experiences with FSX-SE mirror mine almost exactly.  In the end I gave up on it and went back to FSX Gold.  I'll follow this thread and hope the SE fans offer something substantive.  I wouldn't mind going to SE but I'm done wasting my time dealing with its slow loading textures (curious how in 10+ years of FSX I've only experienced those blurries in SE).

Greg

Hi Greg, well well, so it isn't my imagination! I didn't think it was. In fact I had a situation last week where the aircraft textures wouldn't load for about four or five seconds!! There is clearly some issue at play here. It looks like it's back to FSX or P3d then. I'll wait to hear further replies from guys though.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776