Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

How to Exit MCE After Flight End?

What is the proper procedure for exiting MCE?  If I end a flight and then close X-Plane 11, MCE stays open in the task bar.  That's fine, since it means, in theory, I don't have to load it again for the next flight.  However, whenever I leave MCE running like this, it never works properly on the next flight.  It recognizes and responds to my voice just fine, but the commands do not translate into actions on the plane.  For example, if I say, "Flaps 5," the co-pilot says "Roger," or whatever, but nothing actually happens.  I have tried with several planes with the same result.

I can get around this problem by forcing an exit of MCE after each flight (right clicking on the MCE icon in the task bar and selecting "exit") and reloading MCE upon a new flight.  But does it really have to be this difficult?  Is there something I am missing? Is there no way for MCE to auto-terminate upon the simulator closing or must I manually terminate it each time as above?  

Is there no way for MCE to auto-terminate upon the simulator closing or must I manually terminate it each time as above?

It does auto-terminate with X-Plane 10 for which it was initially designed.

And you most certainly need to restart it after a simulator re-start. It doesn't keep reconnecting.

The issue here is using it with the newer X-Plane 11 (in Beta).

Although it has been reported as working, there are probably a few loose ends to be tied up here and there to make it fully compatible.

Based on the -Plane 11 Beta, for instance, we already know the package doesn't handle the new default MD 80. But will be later.

But one thing we won't be doing is make yet another MCE "specifically designed for X-Plane 11".

Just need to be patient, as officially X-Plane 11 hasn't been released yet, and might be subject to changes within a month.

Ok, thanks. i don't have XP10 and so didn't realize it was an XP11 issue. Makes sense.