Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

GSX and the 777

Guest JustanotherPilot

I turn to PMDG and its users in desperation, I cannot get FSDT GSX to function in the 777-200 or Freighter, works fine in the  737 NGX and other addon airliners. I know this is not of a PMDG issue, but anyone who has used the FSDT support Forums rarely escapes the needless, sarcastic, vague responses of one particular nameless moderator of foreign heritage. At this point, I do not need a verbal tirade but some assistance.

Yes, I have read the manual page 25 deals with airport customization, I have addressed all of those, have installed some other user gsx.cfg into the appropriate folders (created folders  for the 200 and freighter). It is apparent I have missed something major in setting up the aircraft. I have installed GSX again..and again..and again using the latest installer. Others too, have experienced my problem (according to the FSDT forums) but no constructive solution given.

Is this problem unique to the 777? because of it's configuration and extra doors.

Can someone please assist in helping me get GSX operational in the 777.

thanks

steve s

I turn to PMDG and its users in desperation, I cannot get FSDT GSX to function in the 777-200 or Freighter, works fine in the  737 NGX and other addon airliners. I know this is not of a PMDG issue, but anyone who has used the FSDT support Forums rarely escapes the needless, sarcastic, vague responses of one particular nameless moderator of foreign heritage. At this point, I do not need a verbal tirade but some assistance.
Not nice to get personal or point out nationality.

Yes, I have read the manual page 25 deals with airport customization, I have addressed all of those, have installed some other user gsx.cfg into the appropriate folders (created folders  for the 200 and freighter). It is apparent I have missed something major in setting up the aircraft. I have installed GSX again..and again..and again using the latest installer. Others too, have experienced my problem (according to the FSDT forums) but no constructive solution given.
Any explanation of exactly what the problem is, apart from "it does not work" ?? The more info you give, the more likely someone can help you.

Is this problem unique to the 777? because of it's configuration and extra doors.
No, I and many others use GSX with no problems with the 777, 737NGX, and many other addons.

I have done quite a lot of fiddling with GSX, I hope I can help. If your problem is trying to get door 2L to be the main door,

you need to swap out ALL data for Passenger Door #1 and Passenger Door #2. Especially the 2nd (xml) line, which I

forgot to do. So take a snapshot with your phone of both details, then enter #2 details in Door #1, then enter #1 details

in Door #2. That's all.

If it's something else, let us know what...

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Guest JustanotherPilot

Any explanation of exactly what the problem is, apart from "it does not work" ?? The more info you give, the more likely someone can help you.

No, I and many others use GSX with no problems with the 777, 737NGX, and many other addons.

No looking back now that wasn't my intention, I apologize if that is how it was conveyed  - I am not prejudiced. A better choice of words could have been made.

steve

If I start the 777 at an appropriately sized gate either the 200LR or the Freighter - the aircraft is surrounded by cones, which according to the manual, shows that GSX is present, if I hit the crtl F12 keys to bring up the services, nothing happens. I then access the drop down menu and use those, again, nothing happens.

As previously mentioned using both these methods work with other aircraft. If the service vehicles to the aircraft doors/cargo bays aren't working, shouldn't the pushback vehicle appear as it is independent of the others.

Hi guys

Steve - The 777 by PMDG has some cones as part of the ground services of the PMDG options. Try turning all of these off (FS Actions > Wheel Chocks Removed will do this) say, on a runway, and you should see no cones or other ground service equipment. Once you have done this, you can begin troubleshooting issues with GSX. Bear in mind; the PMDG cones and ground equipment only affect the PMDG systems; for all GSX cares, they are not even there. GSX will just drive right through the cones if they are in its way. They are visual only.

If you are getting nothing with ctrl+F12, then GSX is not loading as part of the simulator initialisation. Try checking the menu bar > add-ons > GSX and COUATL settings and live update; If these entries are not there, your issue has nothing to do with PMDG, the GSX modules are not loading.

Remember troubleshooting software issues is a process, no one here can give you and instant answer but we are happy to advise and help, with the right feedback from yourself

Cheers

Wes

In your user account\roaming\virtuali, there is a gsx folder there that holds any custom settings. remove folders for the 777 if created, and re-install gsx through the installer on their site. You do not need customized gsx files out of the box it all is compatible. - David Lee

Guest JustanotherPilot

Fellow members,

I would like it known that in my original post I complained of another website in relation to my trouble with GSX. Yes, I had not been treated unkindly by a moderator, over another product which soured my thinking, however, Avsim forums are not the place to make complaints, which, in reflection, was wrong of me and I withdraw my original wording to that effect and hope I have not offended anyone.

On a positive note, I thank all for your suggestions and have taken them onboard. I am determined to get it working. I now have several avenues to pursue.

steve

In your user account\roaming\virtuali, there is a gsx folder there that holds any custom settings. remove folders for the 777 if created, and re-install gsx through the installer on their site. You do not need customized gsx files out of the box it all is compatible. - David Lee

Hi David,

That has never been suggested before, indeed, I have been adding entries. I will try this out.

thanks for the suggestion.

steve

On 1/3/2017 at 12:55 AM, 77west said:

Wow...  you must frequent the FSDT forums because you did exactly the same thing...