Sign in to follow this  
jcpg

Fatal error . No CTD

Hi guys,

I had my pc off for a few months and when I started it I had to set the bios to IDI.  Everything worked ok, but FSX-gold edition. 

When I try to start it, after a few seconds, it gives a Fatal Error message and look on line/solution and close program. It does not crash at all.  I haven't seen this problem here on Avsim. usually is CTD.

Can somebody help? 

Thanks in advance.

JGoncalves

Although you do not get a CTD, you have to go to the desktop as FSX gives you a fatal error message.  You need to provide us with much more information such as what exactly did the fatal error message state?  Just the normal error that a problem has been found and Microsoft Windows will try to find a solution?

Page 10, AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature) provides information on how to fix most crashes/freezes.  Starting on Page 7 it shows you how to look into your Event Viewer and how to post the error on AVSIM.  There might be a Windows Error Reporting (.wer) report too since the you got the infamous error that Windows has found an issue with your application and will now close.  That error sends the error information to the WER file.  The AppCrashView program provides information as to what is in the WER Report (see page 7).

Your error or shutdown happens quite frequently.  There are many possibilities why the error occurred.  One of my first suggestions on Page 10 is to have you delete or rename your fsx.cfg, restart FSX and see if this fixes the problem.  I then talk about renaming the scenery.cfg to scenery.old or something like that and it will create a default scenery.cfg.  See if this fixes the problem.  Lastly, there's the dll.xml in the same folder as the fsx.cfg.  Do not delete this file.  Just rename it to dll.old.  This will cause FSX not to load any modules during startup.  If any of these fixes the problem, then happy flying.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,  thanks for your time.

This is what it shows;

First, fatal error ocurrred. Close program.

Then when I view the problem by clicking underneath it says;

Event name: APPCRASH            Application:  fsx.exe           Applic: version:10.0.61637.0

Application time stamp:46fadb14        Fault Module Name:simprop.dll       Fault module version:10.0.61637.0

Fault module timestamp:46fadb14         Egxamption Code:c0000005        

Exception offset:00006da7        OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48       Locale ID:7177       LCID:7177

Does that help?

Thanks in advance.

John Goncalves

Page 36, AVSIM CTD Guide provides information found throughout the Internet that fixes the faulting module simprop.dll.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks indeed   .I got it right, eventually after a bit of a struggle.  Appreciate it.

John goncalves