Sign in to follow this  
Tristan Marchent

Error - Ensure Speech is set to English - US

Dear Bryan,

Happy New Year firstly, and apologies for this question again and again but I did some digging on the forum last night and have done everything that was suggested regarding the language speech settings. I've changed the setting to English-US but it is still giving me an error message when activating the voice on the FS2Crew Config window.

Wanted to submit a support ticket but again, not sure where to find this. I do apologise!

Hope you can help me out :)

Regards,

Tristan

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Hi,

Which version of Windows do you have?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

You sure it's set on this page... and not somewhere else...

Disregard the red arrow.

speechunchecked.jpg

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for getting back to me, I have Windows 10 so not sure where I am able to find this but I have definitely changed something in the 'Speech' area regarding UK to US.

Thanks,

I think I've fixed it.. little did I know that you can still access the OLD Control panel style in Windows 10. Simply type 'Control Panel' when pressing the start button and you'll find the speech settings there.

Best Regards,

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Hello Tristan,

You can also right click on the start button, you'll get access to all the "windows 7" panels.

It seems that you have fixed your issue but if ever you found it was not solved, just let me know; I had some issues to set up the speech recognition properly in Windows 10 after migrating from Windows 7, mostly because I missed some places to check.

Now I know!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Two little bits to add... Very confused about the bit in the manual where it says the PF should ask for Gear Up with no indication from the PM of Positive Rate? Surely it should be PM: 'V1, Rotate... Positive Rate' ... PF: 'Gear Up'?

And also, I've had this issue before but it's not liking the way I say After? It thinks I'm saying Auto..?

Best Regards,

Two little bits to add... Very confused about the bit in the manual where it says the PF should ask for Gear Up with no indication from the PM of Positive Rate? Surely it should be PM: 'V1, Rotate... Positive Rate' ... PF: 'Gear Up'?

I guess you are talking about the SOP 3? It is airline specific so it must be the way they do, when you see the rate going up, then just call for gear up.
In the SOP 1 and SOP 2 the FO will announce positive climb before you ask for gear up.

And also, I've had this issue before but it's not liking the way I say After? It thinks I'm saying Auto..?

Sorry, it must be me but I haven't understood...  :unknw:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I guess you are talking about the SOP 3? It is airline specific so it must be the way they do, when you see the rate going up, then just call for gear up.

In the SOP 1 and SOP 2 the FO will announce positive climb before you ask for gear up.

Sorry, it must be me but I haven't understood...  :unknw:

Weird! Ok.... the second issue is when I say 'After Takeoff Checklist' it doesn't do anything...? And also the Altimeters are a weird thing.

Best Regards,

Do you say "After takeoff checklist" after the flaps are fully retracted?

What is displayed in the window of the main fs2crew bar before you say it?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Do you say "After takeoff checklist" after the flaps are fully retracted?

What is displayed in the window of the main fs2crew bar before you say it?

Yes I say it after the flaps are fully retracted and after I say 'Bug Up'. In the main FS2Crew Window it says 'After Takeoff Checklist'.

Thank you for your help so far!

Best Regards,

I have never used the SOP3 so it is just a guess and Bryan will have to confirm that:

I can read on the SOP3 tutorial:

After the FO calls “FLAPS UP NO LIGHTS” and when cleared to a Flight Level, press the STD button on the Capt’s EFIS panel and speak: “SET STANDARD. PASSING XXX CLIMBING FLIGHT LEVEL XXX SET”.

Note: The key phrase is “FLIGHT LEVEL XXX SET”.

 The FO does not say anything in response, unless he needs to complete the AFTER TAKEOFF checklist.

 Call for the After Takeoff Checklist.

So maybe the phrase "Flight level XXX set" is one of the condition for the after takeoff checklist to be triggered.
I don't have the NGX installed for now so I cannot try but maybe you can?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I have never used the SOP3 so it is just a guess and Bryan will have to confirm that:

I can read on the SOP3 tutorial:

After the FO calls “FLAPS UP NO LIGHTS” and when cleared to a Flight Level, press the STD button on the Capt’s EFIS panel and speak: “SET STANDARD. PASSING XXX CLIMBING FLIGHT LEVEL XXX SET”.

Note: The key phrase is “FLIGHT LEVEL XXX SET”.

 The FO does not say anything in response, unless he needs to complete the AFTER TAKEOFF checklist.

 Call for the After Takeoff Checklist.

So maybe the phrase "Flight level XXX set" is one of the condition for the after takeoff checklist to be triggered.

I don't have the NGX installed for now so I cannot try but maybe you can?

Hi Romain,

I've just tried a takeoff in the NGX and it will not accept me saying 'After Takeoff Checklist' even after I've set STD and said FLIGHT LEVEL XXX SET etc..

Hopefully Bryan can help me on this one further.

Best Regards,

Yep, I'm afraid I won't be able to help further now. At least not until I have installed the NGX and fs2crew back to my system.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Yep, I'm afraid I won't be able to help further now. At least not until I have installed the NGX and fs2crew back to my system.

That's absolutely fine, you have been very helpful!

Best Regards,

That's SOP 3.

A famous Irish carrier.

That's the way they do it.  I asked the same thing to my consultant pilot.  It's weird, but that's how they do it.

Make sure you run the Voice Training.  That's critically important.

Some British people have problems with "auto", in that case use this method:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/372413-the-new-way-to-train-the-speech-recognizer-for-specific-words-like-auto/

For the rest, make sure you're following the manual to the letter.  Print it out (in color) or put it on your iPad.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx_reboot

1000s and 1000s of people use this software, so it work if you do things right.

The "mode" as displayed on the FS2Crew Main Panel needs to match your stage of flight for the checklist won't work.