Mt_Shasta2.png

Mt_Shasta3.png

Mt_Shasta4.png

Mt_Shasta5.png

Mt_Shasta6.png

Mt_Shasta7.png

Mt_Shasta8.png

• Upvote 1

Scenery the game changer...Shasta looks pretty good!

HLJAMES

Scenery the game changer...Shasta looks pretty good!

HLJAMES

Hi HL,

I just finished my flight.  About three hours in total.  I flew in from the coast, toured around Mt. Shasta, then flew a valley route, over the highway (in sight always) with a river that is the exit water from Lake Shasta, and followed that up and over Lake Shasta, on towards a landing at Redding.  The trip was unbelievable, in the highest level of flight immersion, that, well, you are truly there, flying over what you'd see in a real-life flight.  At 120 FPS, I, for the first time ever, with any flight simulator upon my system, truly, truly, felt, like I was floating upon, and borne upon wind pressure differential.  My plane was also in a flux of lift, or drop, upon those currents.  HL,  I have found my flight simulator.  I have never experienced the level of 'being there'...'up there'...over simply gorgeous, and veritus scenery, like I was REALLY there, until I read about, and downloaded my copy of AeroFly FS2 64 bit, with all DLC to date.

I will buy any and all DLC that IPACS can generate, and hope they will offer continent-wide coverage as they have at least, for the Southwest of the U.S.A.  I am flying over thousands of square miles of veritus scenery, and this is what I had always hoped for...to totally suspend disbelief that I have taken off...leveled off, and can feel, the thrill of flight, in movement and loft of the aircraft, as well as the mind SEEING that you are traversing the landscape...what's REALLY there in true life, below your wings....

HL, I am home....now just waiting for IPACS to flesh out the entire sim, sub-systems,  airport lighting, all systems within each plane totally active, etc, to release a true RTM version!

I hope they at least will release in a timely (it will enable their cash flow for sure...) manner, in the United State and Canada,  whole states and provinces.  I would be the most thrilled and excited flight enthusiast on the planet with those releases!

I am experiencing the flight simulation experience that I have always wanted.  Had so craved!  True suspension of disbelief (by system/sim FPS performance) and by veritus world scenery.  I'm not flying a sim to be a flight engineer, nope...I am flying a sim, to believe that I have just taken off from a chosen airport, and am going to explore the world around me.  AeroFly FS2 gives me just that.  That, I have actually taken off from somewhere visually real, and have flown to somewhere, visually real, itself.

I am the happiest flight simmer on the planet this morning, HL...for I just truly FELT for the first time in my simming life...that I competed a real, true flight over Mother Earth.  No computer generated visuals.  I came into the real Redding Airport, and shot the approach over what is actually...there....wow.

I am home....

Cheers!

Mitch 

• Upvote 1

Learjet, entering the runway at Redding, as well, some C172 shots in the same general area...

citation2.png

citation1.png

Redding1.png

redding2.png

redding4.png

redding5.png

redding3.png

lake_shasta.png

lassenspeak.png

nearshasta.png

nearshasta2.png

Cool shots!

That's actually a Learjet

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cool shots!

That's actually a Learjet

Ooops!

I'll change that right away, !

Thanks for the catch, Ryan.

AeroFly FS2 has the potential to be the very best VFR flight simulator ever developed. I really hope that IPACS can deliver the goods with respect to ATC/AI planes/autogen in the near future, and also add a few more landmarks here and there. I am sending them reports of any issues that I find, and also suggestions regarding adding 3D models (eg. the twin bridges near Marble Canyon airstrip).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

AeroFly FS2 has the potential to be the very best VFR flight simulator ever developed. I really hope that IPACS can deliver the goods with respect to ATC/AI planes/autogen in the near future, and also add a few more landmarks here and there. I am sending them reports of any issues that I find, and also suggestions regarding adding 3D models (eg. the twin bridges near Marble Canyon airstrip).

I'll raise a glass of New Year's cheer to that, Chris!

Visually at least, FS2 has it nailed! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Those pictures from the Learjet are wonderful!.

Interesting!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Those pictures from the Learjet are wonderful!.

Interesting!

Cheers, Ed

Thanks guys...and am about to take the King Air up around San Diego, towards Phoenix and southbound towards Mexico.