Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Ready for some rock n' roll....AeroFly FS2

High resolution photoscenery...you can't leave the airport without it!

HLJAMES

High resolution photoscenery...you can't leave the airport without it!

HLJAMES

Total agreement.  First sim with it...and now, the only scenery I want to fly over, in fact....now spoiled...and most likely, P3D/FSX 'ruined'...

Mitch,

AEFS2 really deserves our enthusiasm and support.

I haven't yet bought the NY DLC, but it's on my 2-buy list :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Mitch,

AEFS2 really deserves our enthusiasm and support.

I haven't yet bought the NY DLC, but it's on my 2-buy list :-)

J,  when you do drop the hammer, I have no doubt you will really enjoy the immersion it brings.

I have to tell you...way before even FS98 came out, there was a stand-up commercial arcade 'flight game'...of which I can't remember the actual name now...but, it was a computer (very crude by today's visuals) generated commercial airliner that was superimposed over actual approach video to the real-world runway and subsequent airport.

Thinking back, I believe it was either Toronto Pearson, or JFK...honestly, I can 't quite remember which right now...but anyways...you were handed the approach by the 1rst Officer, and you did in fact, fly that approach, right down to the 'real' runway.  You then taxied (if you of course did not crash/wipe-out) to the gate, by means of a green leader arrow...and the Marshall clicked his batons...and you applied the brakes.  

I can't tell you how may quarters were sucked out of my poor pocket...in flying that approach. It made me feel, that it was real.  

AeroFly FS2 makes me feel the same thrill now...that that 'real' approach video, with your game-generated cock-pit view, superimposed over the running scene, to the numbers...that that game gave me years ago..and whetted my life-long appetite to try and create that 'moment' in time approach.   

I have that now.  Once more....although it is not a canned and real video below my wings, it's even better....it is the real world scene...all elements there...and I can fly, or miss approach, to my heart's content.  I can cruise over, and make an approach over thousands of veritus square miles at any airport in the datebase, to my heart's content! That was my goal, so many years back..to recreate that thrill of flying over real placed land mass and 'scape.  AeroFly gives you that.   

So...it's a no brainer for myself, that this will be my sim-of-choice.  I of course will not abandon my vast investment in all my other sims...and will certainly give them flight time.  But if someone had to nail me down to which sim, creates for me, the true feel that I have flown...taxied, rotated, cruised, approached, and landed?   AeroFly FS2 and its future franchise,...hand's down.  Hand's down.

Cheers,

Mitch

A little digression, but was this the game you're on about, or its prequel Top Landing, both by Taito?

2008-07-05_215630_lhj4.jpg

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

A little digression, but was this the game you're on about, or its prequel Top Landing, both by Taito?

2008-07-05_215630_lhj4.jpg

Well, it wasn't an airport in Japan, but yes, this was the type of arcade play that I was referring to. If this one had a real-life video feed, that your computer-generated jet 'flew' over, and you saw that feed through computer generated cockpit windows.... with the approach and touch-down advancing finally,down to the end of the runway, and then a taxi to the gate....then yep...this was it, or of its kind.    Do not ask me how many quarters went into the one I played...it was a late teen, early 20's addiction problem....lol.  Great to see the old' girl again....or like it!  :hi:

BTW, there was always about 3-5 people waiting their turn behind the pilot's seat...and that included females as well. Wasn't just a 'guy' thing... :)

Cheers!

Never had that.... The first time I played a sim was FS1 or 2 in the AMIGA. Then FS3 in a Mac :-)

FS4 was my first passion, then ATP all series up to Rev. E and Airline Simulator 2 ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...