Sign in to follow this  
mrchrsrider

XP 10/11 Pilots what sky textures are you using?

So currently I am using SkyMaxx pro hazy days sky textures, but I am looking for a nice looking real set of sky textures and wanted to get peoples opinions. 

So currently I am using SkyMaxx pro hazy days sky textures, but I am looking for a nice looking real set of sky textures and wanted to get peoples opinions. 

If you use X-Enviro you don't need to worry about sky textures anymore because X-Enviro calculates and shows sky colors depending on the weather, time of day, etc. It doesn't work with textures anymore which is nice because textures are extremely limited. I haven't bought X-Enviro yet but certainly will and so those are the skies I will use. Sky textures are so 2016.  :wink:

xEnviro, period. You won't regret your investment. Install and forget it. No tweaking. Absolutely the very best weather rendition.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/21803-realistic-skycolors-for-x-plane-10/

Free! But, the dev has a payware add-on with many variations.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you use X-Enviro you don't need to worry abuout sky textures anymore because X-Enviro calculates and shows sky colors depending on the weather, time of day, etc. It doesn't work with textures anymore which is nice because textures are extremely limited. I haven't bought X-Enviro yet but certainly will and so those are the skies I will use. Sky textures are so 2016.  :wink:

I get absolutely horrible performance with xenviro. I can set sky Maxx out to the most distant draw and be fine but for some reason xenviro cost me like 15 frames

xEnviro, period. You won't regret your investment. Install and forget it. No tweaking. Absolutely the very best weather rendition.

I agree, Jean-Jaques.

I love it. Just turn it on, adjust setting to light/medium or high and off you go.

I lose track if I have to manually load textures and such. I quickly get in a mess.

XEnviro has rid me of all that disorganisation.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.