Sign in to follow this  
Will66

Strange Freeze

Okay so after finally getting fsx back up and running after a previous crash (decided to reinstall windows) and was succesful, managed a few long range flights in the 777, however have stumbled into a rather strange problem.

I was having some weird activity with some throttles so decided to download fsuipc, however was crashing after 5 mins with the following event viewer log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x1e2f63bc

Faulting process id: 0x%9

Faulting application start time: 0x%10

Faulting application path: %11

Faulting module path: %12

Report Id: %13

Faulting package full name: %14

Faulting package-relative application ID: %15

So i decided I would be better off without fsuipc. Now however I can succesfully run fsx for a long period of time, currently doing a flight from london to moscow, however at points throughout the flight I will notice that the clouds no longer move and that FSX has frozen and then the blue loading cursor arrives, i found a fix where if I leap over to my pc in time and unplug my joystick from the usb port, the game continues, but if I am too late, i crash to the desktop. I havent tested if it works with just the joystick usb, but I imagine all of them would work.

Also just to add, I dont get an error log on this crash, nothing. It isnt logged in the event viewer.

Thanks,

Will.

Freezes are common.  I would run a freeware program like Driver Booster, see page 15, AVSIM CTD Guide and see if your USB ports are up-to-date.  You can also try connecting the joystick into another USB port.  You might also check for updates to your joystick (Driver Booster should see that).

FSX-SE is connected to the Internet via Steam.  If there is a lot of activity (and I have seen a lot of activity over the holidays), then that could freeze up anything running on the Internet.

FSUIPC is a great utility but setting up your joystick using the utility can cause issues if not done properly.  You do not need FSUIPC to run FSX-SE but you might for some addons that specifically state you need to have FSUIPC installed.

Did you check the Event Viewer as suggested in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 7, where you go to Administrative Events and that has all of your events in one location?

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10