Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

UK 2000 Scenery Manchester Airport Runway Problem

Hi there,

I have all the Justflight British Airports Addon packs for FS2002/FS2004. And recently I noticed that,

they were being sold as Freeware ! on the UK 2000 Website. so I decided to delete the Justflight Addons, and install the Freeware UK 2000

Versions, as some of the Airport Scenery had been updated and it looked as though there were more Airports/Airfields and two Addon Sceneries Justflight hadn't sold i.e. The Channel islands and Northeast Of England, I may be wrong though. However I noticed that the Modified AFCAD File when I was using it, I had disabled the other EGCC AFCAD File, that my Runway Takeoff and Landing preferences I had chosen for it, were now being ignored by FS2004. When I was using the Justflight Addons and not the UK 2000 Freeware Addons and this Simflyers AFCAD for this Manchester Airport Scenery. The AI Aircraft I had installed were, taking off from the correct end and correct runway, and landing on the correct Runway. So I tried deleting various files and scenery and the problem remained. I then Uninstalled all the UK 2000 Freeware Addons and made sure all the files were deleted and Scenery deleted from the FS2004 Scenery Library, and reinstalled the Justflight Payware Versions. However, even though I used that Simflyers AFCAD, even with this MCR (EGCC) Airport (Justflight Wales and West Midlands Airports Addon), and now this time the problem still remains. What could be causing this problem ? I don't have duplicate AFCAD's they are either not present or disabled. Is it a file, what should I look for ? Any help and Info Someone could give me would be much appreciated. I have been trying to sort it out all day with no luck. Regards Eddie Winch

Update :- I used an Older AFCAD I had backedup, with the MCR Scenery before, and the AI Aircraft Traffic, takeoff from the Correct Runway and End. So maybe it is a problem with this AFCAD I was using after all. I.e. I thought it worked originally but it may not have done i.e. Runway usesage. One thing I have thought of is that the AFCAD is using the newer Runway designations i.e. 5L  23R etc and the Justflight Scenery is from when the Older Runway designations were used. Could it be that a file needs updating and if so which one ? Eddie

Eddie

It might be a good idea to compare the two AFCADS and see what the differences are - good way to learn about the subject!!

Dijvid

I have compared the two AFCADS, and apart from the Runway designations, all the other data seems to be the same. Just wondering are some AFCAD's designed in a way, so that only One Runway and End is used by default, therefore modification of the AFCAD File, won't make a difference when you choose different preferences in the AFCAD or ADE Programs, and is there a way to disable that setup ? Also I saw on an Aviation Forum, maybe this one. That sometimes you have to create "invisible" Runways in an AFCAD, in order to enable AI Traffic to use the correct Runway and End ? Although I can't remember in what circumstances though. I also heard that with some Airport Scenery, you sometimes need two seperate AFCAD's, and you choose and load the relevant one depending on what weather conditions you choose, for when you are at the Airport. If someone could explain to me about all this please I would appreciate it, and then maybe I will be able to fix the problem, I am having with the AFCAD in question,  I have not been able to sort it out for 2 days. Eddie

Ah!  Perhaps I should keep my mouth shut as I never have, and never will, run any AI traffic!

Dijvid

Your correct Steve I didn't know that, I tried changing the Wind direction to the opposite, i.e. from N to S and sure enough,

the AI Traffic is now taking off from the end of the Runway I want them to. Is there anyway to disable that ? Or are you saying this is set in stone ? So you can't simply choose which end AI Aircraft Traffic Takeoff from ? I also found out after a search of the internet, that you have to set both ends of the Runways to the same Takeoff and Landing Choices in the AFCAD or ADE Program, i.e. you can't have one end different to the other. That must be why the AI Aircraft were taking of from the wrong Runway and end, because clearly that setup overides the AFCAD settings ! Very many thanks for your post, otherwise I would have had the problem remain, no matter what settings I chose ! it's interesting in the other AFCAD I was using, I had the same setup as the "wrong" setup in the Latest AFCAD I use, yet the AI Aircraft were taking off from the end of the Runway I wanted them to, in that AFCAD regardless of the Wind Direction, Does anyone know why that might be the case ? Eddie

With ADE I think that you can close a runway for landing or take off.

So you could close the runway direction you don't want only leaving the runways you require.

I use A third party weather engine and have all runways open so the sim decides which runways to use according to wind direction.

Steve

Why not try the free version of the newest version of Gary's Manchester scenery.

See the link. Use this Afcad.

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page24.html

Steve

It might be worth knowing that FS allows by aircraft type a certain amount of tailwind component.

For especially landing runway choice there is a runway scoring system used with priorities set for availability of navaids, visibility influence, runway length, wind direction, etc.