Sign in to follow this  
jose88

EZdok V2 Released!

On bright side, it was only 12 bucks to upgrade. 

On the not so bright side. Very clumsey interface. Also. my copy (not sure if all experience this) has menu's staying on the screen. gotta close it and reopen to see things again. Not sure if this is bug for all or not. 

ALSO. why can't we load in old profiles at least for what it can handle. To start setting up all the profiles again will be a bummer. And the speed even boosted seems so slow to move and set them up. 

I was very hopeful that this was going to be nicer than it is. I assume it was released a little premature to keep up with chase plane. To me, that hurts ezdok2. Basically, i'll probably go with chaseplane being it's only in beta but seems ahead of this. AND easier to setup profiles, etc. AND it even lets you use ezdok 1 profiles. Seems ezdok 2 would do that but i couldn't find a way. 

If you have chaseplane now, i wouldn't even bother with upgrade to this yet. maybe after some things get worked out a bit and less clunky, etc. 

• Upvote 1

I believe the intention is to provide links to tutorial videos with English sub titles rather than do a PDF manual. It's a different approach, I like viewing a video on a subject so not having a manual doesn't bother me.

I don't like the fact it doesn't autosave settings but I'm sure it will become second nature after awhile of using the new gui

Has the  exterior wingtip banking view been fixed whereby the camera doesn't seem to be fixed to the wingtip and follow it in the turn but  shows the horizon and and the aircraft banking away.

External aircraft camera frame of reference is the aircraft, so

what you describe is not a bug - more an inconvenience. Only way around it is repositioning the camera programmatically multiple times per second which at high rates of roll or bank may appear jerky.

I believe the intention is to provide links to tutorial videos with English sub titles rather than do a PDF manual.

When was the last time that you went into a store and bought a new [insert gadget of choice], only to be told, after the event, that you would have to wait for subtitled videos in order to understand and use the product to its full potential?

I rest my case.

• Upvote 4

When was the last time that you went into a store and bought a new [insert gadget of choice], only to be told, after the event, that you would have to wait for subtitled videos in order to understand and use the product to its full potential?

I rest my case.

Just purchased Chase Plane for that very reason.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Horizon hold

Check it out in this video

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=7y6NtxKmxAg

That is nice.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well, I personally find it miles above version 1. Can't believe there are so many complaints. 'course all are perfectly welcome to their opinions.

The deal about automatic saves shouldn't be such a pita, it does,in the process of you hitting the update setting button is save it automatically in the database folder (c:/username/appdata/ezdok preset folder). I did find that if you make a change and forget to update it and shut it down, it will advise you before close without forgetting......and so much more. To get a brand new version 2 for less than 13 bucks was a treat. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Well, I personally find it miles above version 1. 

Not hard to improve on hot garbage.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

thank you for your opinion

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

does the physics stuff work with planes that use an external flight model like the majestic Q400?

cheers

-andy crosby

Nice.

I was about to buy Chase Plane..but what to do now?. Does anyone have both products for a side to side comparison?

At least on the vid...it seems Ezdok is more towards the Pilot effects view (which is my preference)...rather than Cinematic Hollywood style as Chase Plane...or am i wrong?

Chase plane hands down.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

does the physics stuff work with planes that use an external flight model like the majestic Q400?

cheers

-andy crosby

Good question... I'm also very interested in knowing how the new EZCA is dealing with FSLabs' A320.

Chase plane hands down.

i think its extremely amusing when everyone is against "Pay for beta" software, yet some people on this post and on these boards are loterally so happy to support it....and people wonder why developers do things this way. Hhhmmm maybe because there is an actual ligitimate market for it.
  • Upvote 3

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda