Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Mce and a2a 172

Hi can you use mce with a2a 172 I only will be using voice for atc won't be using co pilot.

Thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

As far as I understand the ATC functionality is independent from the aircraft, thus should work with any aircraft.

I am using MCE with the A2A C182 with no issues.

Hi can you use mce with a2a 172 I only will be using voice for atc won't be using co pilot.

Thanks,jim

Absolutely you can! :smile:

If you want to, you can ask your guy on the right to dial the radios for you....Very useful! :wink:

Regards

David

Sorry to bring up a old thread but it's relevant to my issue. Does the A2A Skylane still work with MCE in P3D v4. I tried to call up the program for a flight today and got a message that the aircraft was not recognized and MCE proceeded to exit. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

46 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Sorry to bring up a old thread but it's relevant to my issue. Does the A2A Skylane still work with MCE in P3D v4. I tried to call up the program for a flight today and got a message that the aircraft was not recognized and MCE proceeded to exit. 

P3D V4 only supported since a few weeks ago. Make sure you download the latest here

If you installed P3D V4 after installing MCE, you need to re-install MCE.

Set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

You need the Ultimate Edition.

See this thread for P3D V4 support: 

Hi Gerald, thanks for the quick reply, P3D4 was a fresh install running as admin, I downloaded and installed MCE 2.7.26 it is ultimate edition, and everything is running fine except for the A2A 182 which results in the message

"Could not retrieve information for this specific aircraft!

This application is going to terminate

Try loading a different aircraft

Please notify the software publisher!"

I tried again with the Alabeo PA44, and the RealAir Lancair Legacy and it worked perfectly. Reloaded the A2A 182 and again, I got the message and Travis left the building.

Any help is appreciated, 

Thanks, 

Jose

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

33 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Hi Gerald, thanks for the quick reply, P3D4 was a fresh install running as admin, I downloaded and installed MCE 2.7.26 it is ultimate edition, and everything is running fine except for the A2A 182 which results in the message

"Could not retrieve information for this specific aircraft!

This application is going to terminate

Try loading a different aircraft

Please notify the software publisher!"

I tried again with the Alabeo PA44, and the RealAir Lancair Legacy and it worked perfectly. Reloaded the A2A 182 and again, I got the message and Travis left the building.

Any help is appreciated, 

Thanks, 

Jose

Please send "aircraft.cfg" for A2A 182.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Please send "aircraft.cfg" for A2A 182.

Thanks

Sent via support@multicrewxp.com. 

Thanks, 

Jose

Jose A.

I found the solution to the issue on page 5 of the link that you provided. Thank you. 

It seems that when I make the changes and specify the path to the aircraft.cfg in the cfgPaths.dat file, the file is overwritten whenever I start mce, unless I use the "NoScan=1" switch in the mce.ini. Is it ok to leave this in mce.ini? It seems you were suggesting not to leave it, but if I remove it cfgPaths.dat gets overwritten each time. I guess I could make copies of those 2 files and replace them when I use the A2A aircraft.  

Oh, and I have to confess, I chose to install the aircraft outside of the documents folder as it would default. That may have contributed to the trouble I had.  

Jose A.

11 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

I found the solution to the issue on page 5 of the link that you provided. Thank you. 

It seems that when I make the changes and specify the path to the aircraft.cfg in the cfgPaths.dat file, the file is overwritten whenever I start mce, unless I use the "NoScan=1" switch in the mce.ini. Is it ok to leave this in mce.ini? It seems you were suggesting not to leave it, but if I remove it cfgPaths.dat gets overwritten each time. I guess I could make copies of those 2 files and replace them when I use the A2A aircraft.  

Oh, and I have to confess, I chose to install the aircraft outside of the documents folder as it would default. That may have contributed to the trouble I had.  

Indeed, that is the issue in P3D V4.

MCE only looks inside \Flight simulator root folder\ for "aircraft.cfg"

If you're not switching between say P3D V4 and FSX or P3D V3, you could leave the option in mce.ini enabled.

The only downside, if you install a new aircraft, next time you run MCE it's likely going to report that it cannot find its "aircraft.cfg". Let it find it once, then go back to the newly generated  "ConfigPaths.dat" and add path to the other aircraft that wasn't detected.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

Indeed, that is the issue in P3D V4.

MCE only looks inside \Flight simulator root folder\ for "aircraft.cfg"

If you're not switching between say P3D V4 and FSX or P3D V3, you could leave the option in mce.ini enabled.

The only downside, if you install a new aircraft, next time you run MCE it's likely going to report that it cannot find its "aircraft.cfg". Let it find it once, then go back to the newly generated  "ConfigPaths.dat" and add path to the other aircraft that wasn't detected.

Fantastic, thanks again for the help!

Jose A.