Sign in to follow this  
brucek

XP11: Networked views

I just wanted to check my assumption is correct in that networked views for XP11 require not only a separate computer, but also an separate copy (purchased separately) of XP11.  My understanding of the digital download licensing is that it is for one computer only.  I did correspond with LR regarding the "single computer" and the ability to migrate XP11 to another new-build computer in the future-  this would work if done semi-permanently, but "switching back and forth between two computers would not work"-   and I'm sure that the same licensed copy running concurrently- albeit from the same IP- would be a problem too.

I have no problem purchasing another license if that's what is required.

Thanks, Bruce.

I can only speak to XP10 and you may already know this so apologies.

In XP10 each computer has to have its own seperately licensed copy , OR , a usb HASP key wich considerably reduces the cost.

Any DVD based copy can be installed on as many computers as you want , but if you try to run them simulataneously , at some point it will interrupt ,or start a flight in the demozone on those computers that dont have disc 1 in the dvd drive or a hasp key is in a usb slot.

In brief you need Disc1 or the USB HASP key on each computer for unlimited , uninterrupted XP 10 function.

I think you can network two instances of X-Plane 10 running simultaneously on the same pc, but this requires some fiddling with the ports etc. Don't know about X-Plane 11.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thanks guys- Murmur, what I am trying to do is to network another computer, so XP11 would be running on two seperate systems. I believe I need two licenses...

I'm thinking about going down this route too. One computer for forward view without cockpit, another for panel display plus other things. 

Right now I'm using Air Manager to display panels on a second networked computer, but AM has very few pre-assembled panels and it's quite time-consuming to make a nice customized panel to each aircraft. I haven't done any yet. 

I understand that as long as I keep two copies of XP11 identical, I can always have the right panel displayed on the second computer. Then for any aircraft addon I have buy two? 

Sceneries should be fine, since for panel display I can just keep default scenery I guess. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Flyice,

Re : Add- on aircraft :  All the aircraft made by STMA need only one copy

In the next few days I'll try some of the Carenado I have like the B58 and let you know .

I also have the Airfoillab 172.

Is there an aeroplane in particular you want me to try in the multicomputer setup?

I don't have any airliners/  jets . Mainly helis (Dreamfoil only needs one copy) and GA planes.

Thanks guys- Murmur, what I am trying to do is to network another computer, so XP11 would be running on two seperate systems. I believe I need two licenses...

Hasp keys date back to at least V9 of Xplane , but I stand corrected on this .  It would be nice to see the tradition continue for XP11,

roughly halves the cost of a license.

Maybe we'll see the hasp key available after XP11 becomes fully released (beta phase over).

Fireone, thanks a lot! I'm new to XP, just started less than a month ago. Don't have any addon aircraft yet.

I looked at Hasp key for XP, but it looks like it's for commercial copy and costs $750? How could it be cheaper than just buying a regular copy of XP?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

In the case where one instance of XP11 is on a Mac and the other on a PC, other than the .exe file (and wherever the activation key is stored), can I simply copy the rest of the files (aircraft, scenery, plugins, etc.) between the Mac and PC?    (Much quicker than waiting for my Comcast internet download).

Thanks,  Bruce.