Sign in to follow this  
gh77

Flight Plan

Is it possible to file flight plan from KSFO flying F35A Lightining 11 to USS Nimitz located near Golden Gate Bridge and do ILS landing? George Hembree

FSX does not have the F35A installed.  Only in P3D.  Other than that I do not know if it is possible.  I'm going to try and see if I can file a flight plan with FSX's F16 or F18.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Flight plans can only be filed between airports (as found on FSX' airport selection screen), so the carrier has to be defined as an airport. This is only possible when the ship is defined as scenery (i.e. static) and equipped with an airport layout file.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

For carrier landing practice starting from an airport or Nasal Radiator Air Station, I found it easy to file a VFR flight plan using the same airport as departure and destination. Take off and fly to the carrier.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 PM

FSX does not have the F35A installed.  Only in P3D.  Other than that I do not know if it is possible.  I'm going to try and see if I can file a flight plan with FSX's F16 or F18.

• rep_up.png
  •  

Jim Young | Forums Administrator | AVSIM.com
Member AVSIM Board of Directors'

You Have Agreed To These When Becoming an AVSIM Member. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS)
Important other linksPrivacy Policy | Forum Help | Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide AVSIM Prepar3D Guide Request Support | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rules 

My computer specs: I7 4770K CPU in Turbo Mode 4.2GHz | GTX 780 | 16GB's RAM | Dell UltraSharp 34" Monitor (U3415W) | Dell 24" Monitor | ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard  | Windows 7                                                                                                                                                          

To Jim Young, I am curious as to what the above represents? Was my question out of order? George Hembree

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 PM

To Jim Young, I am curious as to what the above represents? Was my question out of order? George Hembree

It was not out of order.  Just stating FSX does not have a default version or payware version of the F35A.  Just saying. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Nor should it - F35 the very expensive plane which hit every ugly tree in the ugly forest.... you'd have to pay me to install it on my FSX..

Shudder.

AHEM! I digress!

This thread may help, especially JimmyRFR's post regarding GPS approaches (not ILS unfortunately, but the carriers do have airport codes)

http://www.avsim.com/topic/433914-can-i-start-in-free-flight-on-a-carrier/

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

FSX Carrier Landing F/A-18 Hornet (Night) [HD] First two landings are my objective, I would like to do first landing with ils if possible, the second one is outstanding. I have been doing carrier lands now for about 2 weeks finally made two or three in a row. Picked F35A addon for great visibility and ils landing capabilities, no fun to fly. First choice to fly F16 Viper airport landing is very smooth. F18 default, Goshawk. I would choose F16 to do carrier landing if it had a hook. I don't think it is designed for carrier landing. George Hembree