Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

FS Labs A320 got me back into Flight Sims

i haven't touched fsx se, p3d and xp10 in over 6-9months but yesterday i decided to buy the A320 by FSLABS.  This payware is simply amazing and addicting to learn and fly correctly.  I own hundreds of addons across three sims, thousands of dollars spent on many other planes.....FS LABS just blew away all the competition with this payware....bravo devs! :drinks:  :good:  :clapping:

• Upvote 5

:smile:  Nice to read. 

• Upvote 2

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I agree, it's amazing. I took the plunge too and although it is expensive, I don't regret it.  I've already flown half a dozen legs in a few days and know I will get years worth of flying pleasure from it.

Love it.

Will love it even more when they complete the rest of the custom key commands. :smile:

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

This payware is simply amazing and addicting

Indeed. I have been flying nothing else since I bought it (nearing 100 flights so far). My first flight was full of WOWs and my jaw stayed down there.

My yoke, my VA MCP and EFIS, my virtual CDUs and my FS2crew are begging me to give them another chance and fly the boeings again.

But I cannot. I will have to find an FSLogist to help me get out of this addiction. :smile: It's so damn good...

• Upvote 1

Having worked on compiling and producing the real A320/21/30's SOP manuals, I am very familiar with exactly how complex the systems are on an Airbus, as a result of that, the FS Labs version of the 320 has been the most anticipated FS release for me, and it was a looong wait for it lol, but my hat is off to them for having stayed true to their intentions, not rushing it, and to have pulled it off.

Yes, there is no denying it's quite a chunk of change to buy it, but for what you are getting, I would not say it is overpriced, merely expensive in that you get what you pay for. After all, if any of us had been working on something for that length of time, we'd want a fair recompense for it too. It is a remarkable bit of work to have squeezed that level of fidelity out of what is essentially using a ten year old base program. As an achievement, I would put it up there with when PMDG managed to get the parallax working on their 737NG's HUD, which was a another FS thing which many thought simply could not be done.

Certainly there is a place for less complex add-ons for FS in the 20 quid range, and I like those sort of add-ons too and indeed I fly them often, but when in the mood for a real in-depth simulation, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find something more fitting than FSL's A320. I suspect it's one of the now several FS add-ons where if you get the hang of it well, you really could get in the real aeroplane and have a stab at operating it absolutely by the book, and as I say, since I did work on that book for the actual real-world A320, I think that's a real credit to FSL.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Worth every penny in my opinion.  I have no problem paying for quality :-)

• Upvote 2

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Has everyone need to disable their AI traffic in order to get acceptable performance? I'm not mad about that idea.

Has everyone need to disable their AI traffic in order to get acceptable performance? I'm not mad about that idea.

Just install Ultimate Traffic - even with the settings on 100 percent there's a good chance your AI aircraft still won't show up (That is certainly the case with my FSX) lol

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I know this plane is responsible for getting some back into flightsim.

For me, It got me back into painting. :smile:

I painted a few of them. :Whistle:

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

disable their AI traffic in order to get acceptable performance

I haven't done it but I know what you mean. For me also FSL A320 is very demanding performanse-wise. This is its only disadvantage aside from the steep price (though it has paid back flights ago).

I still use (custom) AI traffic (can't stand post-nuclear-war deserted airports) though I use Air Traffic Manager to reduce them down to 50. Helps enough to be able to fly between large airports.

I also use DX10 with Steve's fixer (started after I was getting OOMs with EDDFv2), texture max 1024 plus I went slightly left with my FSX settings sliders. All this is worth flying this aircraft (on my 5-year-old PC).

As a European flying airliners mostly in Europe (sometimes in Canada and the US) I was waiting for a decent A320 for so long. I used a few previously available A320's, but FSL is the one.

I painted a few of them.

And without your great work, Steve, flying FSL A320 would not be the same experience.

Be warned though: I'm still waiting for Thomas Cook Belgium and old Alitalia (with wing lettering)! :P

I know this plane is responsible for getting some back into flightsim.

For me, It got me back into painting. :smile:

I painted a few of them. :Whistle:

Lol :hi:

André

And without your great work, Steve, flying FSL A320 would not be the same experience.
Be warned though: I'm still waiting for Thomas Cook Belgium and old Alitalia (with wing lettering)!

Thanks Rafal.  They will come....I have a few commitments on a bigger bird at the moment, and since I had to remove FSX from my machine, its a bit hard to paint for right now.  We need to get FSL to release that darn P3D version!   Then I could easily pick up and finish those paints!

Lol :hi:

Okay André .....maybe more than just a "few." Hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

This morning, just before leaving for work I couldn't resist starting FSX:SE, the Trike, and the FSLabs Masterpiece 320 :-)

FSX:SE now starts in windowed mode by default. I usually start FSX:SE in full screen, and when I changed to full screen I noticed a considerable drop in FPS, from around 22 towards 5 - 7 fps only...

Well, while I wouldn't mind using FSX:SE and the Airbus in windowed mode, I was also up to find out if any of my "tweaks" in FSX.CFG might have had a negative impact...

My only tweaks with FSX:SE + Steve's DX10 Fixer + ORBX FTX Global are:

.) AffinityMask=14  ( because my processor is an i5 2500 without HT )

.) UsePools=0

.) TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

.) FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.12

.) TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80  ( because FSX:SE places this at 160 by default when it installs, maybe because I have a GTX 960 4 GB ? )

Well, after removing the AffinityMask entry I now have exactly the same performance in windowed or full screen modes !!!

Also turning OFF "Nvidia Predefined  FXAA Usage" had a positive impact.

QUESTIONS:

Q1) Should I also stop using the UsePools=0 and let FSX:SE manage the buffer in it's own way ?

Q2) In Nvidia Inspector I am using 1/2  Refresh Rate and in FSX:SE have my FPS fixed at 31 ( monitor refresh is 60Hz ). I never get that much but I am usually around 22-26 fps, in VC or outside views. I did not install the 2D panels. Do you think that I should go "Unlimited" in FPS ( in FSX:SE ), and or no VSync at all in NI ?

Any additional suggestions are always welcomed !

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...