Sign in to follow this  
DeDave98

It cant be long right?

Hey guys,

I did some math:

PMDG DC6 Livery List release: 26.5.26

PMDG DC6 release: 2.6.16

Thats 7 days.

The livery list for the 747 was released 23.12.16. 

Today its 4.1.17. So we cant be that far from release or am I missing something?

Regards

David

While it would be nice, past releases are not necessarily indicative of the future. We could be days, weeks, or months away. Nobody apart from PMDG knows when it'll happen.

So we cant be that far from release or am I missing something?

Hi,

You don't expect an answer from PMDG, do you?  :Tounge:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

By the way, full names are required in each post on this forum as per rules.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

PMDG have the right approach to announcing (or not) release dates.    Once you name a day,     you either release on that day  and you're a good guy  or you dont and you're not.      But suppose between announcing a date and the release date you find another bug or problem in the product??     Do you release anyway,   hoping no one will notice or delay release and then be a bad guy?     Far too many software companies release anyway. 

PMDG have a far better attitude -   I remember them saying "we'll release it when it's ready.   Not before.  It's ready when it's ready."      And they resist the temptation to name a date before that time.    It must be hard to resist the temptation because so many of us want the new product and we're getting excited about it.     They must be tempted to tell us "yes it'll be about 3 weeks" or some such.   But they dont.  

And i congratulate them for that.       Release it when it's ready.    It's ready when it's ready.    Not before.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

Goodmorning Gents,

Will the upcoming 747-400 V3 also be sold as a boxed version in Europe (maybe through Aerosoft) or can it be ordered directly as a boxed version from the US? However tempting it may be to download the online file, I would prefer the aforementioned box...

Cheers, Marc

I like your logic, if you ask me it will not take much longer (From my point of view) :) BETA is going on a few months now and with P3D in BETA now is good progress.

Robin

Will the upcoming 747-400 V3 also be sold as a boxed version in Europe (maybe through Aerosoft) or can it be ordered directly as a boxed version from the US? However tempting it may be to download the online file, I would prefer the aforementioned box...

Hi Marc,

Just a heads up regarding boxed versions, based on past observations and experience:

1) If PMDG does an update you will most likely have to download that update -- quite possibly a full installer -- from Aerosoft.  If you buy the boxed version soon after release it is very likely PMDG will do one or more updates, either to fix bugs, or to add new features (such as Wx radar with the NGX and a smaller memory footprint with the 777). 

2) There is typically a delay between the time an update is released for download on PMDG's web site and the time it is released on Aerosoft's web site.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I can give you one hint that even PMDG can't deny, today we are one day closer to release than yesterday.

• Upvote 3

I can give you one hint that even PMDG can't deny, today we are one day closer to release than yesterday.

depends on what part of the world your are :Tounge:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

depends on what part of the world your are :Tounge:

I am very curious, what part of the world doesn't have today? Or yesterday? :)

• Upvote 2

Why not just release thing as-is and then fix it later... like everyone else is doing these days. Hell, we can all pay for the thing now and then help finish up the beta process!

• Upvote 1

Why not just release thing as-is and then fix it later... like everyone else is doing these days. Hell, we can all pay for the thing now and then help finish up the beta process!

Because that is not proper management. Personnally I really don't think this is a good idea, as the more bugs that are left the more you may disappoint some users. I'm really happy with PMDG taking their time to make a product that meets high standard right out from version 1.0. Also let's be honest a full beta with the number of customers they have would probably be very hard to manage, how to make sure bugs are not duplicate of previous bugs and so on. You then need people to check new reported bugs to see if they are important or already exists or not. While the close/small beta team most probably have a tool to check bugs and to not report them again, making things manageable.