Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Original MCP Combo with Newer Aerosoft Airbus v1.31

Folks,

Since I have the original MCP Combo from VRI,  I'm still forced to use the older Linda version 1.13,  however,  even this being the case,  every single plane appears to work in P3Dv3.4 including NGX737.

I'm only have a problem with the newer v.131 Aerosoft Airbus.   Is there a compatible version of Linda configs for the new Airbus using the old MCP combo w/ Linda v.1.13 ?

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony

Thank you your question. With the help of other owners like you, I believe that the latest versions of LINDA should work fine with the original MCP Combo panels. My only caveat is that I cannot carry out any testing myself to confirm this.

If you would like to try LINDA 2.8.7 I strongly advise you fully backup your Modules Folder as detailed in release notes. Please let me know how you get on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I can confirm, the new version works fine with the v1.  Great job and great support!

Since I have the original MCP Combo from VRI

How are your knobs on the v1?  Mine make values jump all over the place and always have.  I'd love to replace it if there was a better unit.  It's so bad I find myself using it less and less.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Gregg, the LINDA knob code and response rate is the same for all VRI Combo panels. There are 2 speeds of rotation reported by the VRI Combo (inc/dec and incfast/decfast) which LINDA actions when used with the corresponding function (_inc/_dec and _incfast/dec_fast). On my Boeing and Airbus panels these reactions are controllable but can 'jump' a little if turned too fast.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Gregg, the LINDA knob code and response rate is the same for all VRI Combo panels. There are 2 speeds of rotation reported by the VRI Combo (inc/dec and incfast/decfast) which LINDA actions when used with the corresponding function (_inc/_dec and _incfast/dec_fast). On my Boeing and Airbus panels these reactions are controllable but can 'jump' a little if turned too fast.

Mine jump all over the place.  Sometimes a small right turn makes a large left turn...it's that bad. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Mine jump all over the place.  Sometimes a small right turn makes a large left turn...it's that bad.

I would ask other MCP1 users to confirm whether this a general experience.

Greig, can you please turn on Developer Mode and set Verbose logging with both GUI and LUA set. The restart your Flt Sim and LINDA and reproduce the problem with slow and fast knob rotation in both directions. Then email to linda@awginfosys.net the files: fsuipc4.log, linda2.log and config-mcp.lua (for aircraft in use). It can video the displays it would be helpful.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

OK,  I will try 2.8.7 again.  

As for my knobs,  I usually don't have any issue increasing or decreasing values.  

I will report back again.

Thanks,

Tony

I now have everything working using the original MCP combo and latest Linda version.  All aircraft are properly responding to VRI.  i did have to make some corrections with the A320 autopilot knobs,  but other than that,  everything is operational.

Gregg - possible you have your knobs set to incr/decr fast and not normal ?  There are two settings.

Thanks again all,

Tony

• Upvote 1

Gregg - possible you have your knobs set to incr/decr fast and not normal ? There are two settings.

How do you change them?  They work better on the 777 and NGX than other airplanes for some reason...not sure why.

Gregg Seipp

How do you change them?  They work better on the 777 and NGX than other airplanes for some reason...not sure why.

Gregg, please email your config-mcp.lua from your Airbus folder to linda@awginfosys.net. I will take a look.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I would ask other MCP1 users to confirm whether this a general experience.

Greig, can you please turn on Developer Mode and set Verbose logging with both GUI and LUA set. The restart your Flt Sim and LINDA and reproduce the problem with slow and fast knob rotation in both directions. Then email to linda@awginfosys.net the files: fsuipc4.log, linda2.log and config-mcp.lua (for aircraft in use). It can video the displays it would be helpful.

I have no problems at all with MCP1 and latest LINDA and latest Airbus.

Petraeus

Due to my inability to test with the MCP1 (original) panel, the config-mcp.default template file does not contain the correct Airbus-specific functions. The following assignment should be made to the config-mcp.lua file in the \modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\aerosoft airbus\ folder. An updated module will be issued shortly.

-- MCP SPD knob
SPD1 = {
["A SHOW"] = SPD_show  ,
["A  +"] = AB_SPD_plus  ,
["A ++"] = AB_SPD_plusfast  ,
["A  -"] = AB_SPD_minus  ,
["A --"] = AB_SPD_minusfast  ,
["PRESS"] = Autopilot_SPD_managed  ,
}

-- MCP HDG knob
HDG1 = {
["A SHOW"] = HDG_show  ,
["A  +"] = AB_HDG_plus  ,
["A ++"] = AB_HDG_plusfast  ,
["A  -"] = AB_HDG_minus  ,
["A --"] = AB_HDG_minusfast  ,
["PRESS"] = Autopilot_HDG_managed  ,
}

-- MCP ALT knob
ALT1 = {
["A SHOW"] = ALT_show  ,
["A  +"] = AB_ALT_plus  ,
["A ++"] = AB_ALT_plusfast  ,
["A  -"] = AB_ALT_minus  ,
["A --"] = AB_ALT_minusfast  ,
["PRESS"] = Autopilot_ALT_managed  ,
}

-- MCP VVS knob
VVS1 = {
["A SHOW"] = VVS_show  ,
["A  +"] = AB_VS_plus  ,
["A ++"] = AB_VS_plusfast  ,
["A  -"] = AB_VS_minus  ,
["A --"] = AB_VS_minusfast  ,
["PRESS"] = Autopilot_VS_level  ,

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks Scot - will look for the updated config.  Wasn't too hard to set them up for the A320 - actually have created a new preset now as well.

By the way - if you guys ever want to use me as a tester of the MCP Combo original - just shoot me a PM.

Happy Landings,

Tony