Sign in to follow this  
Noel

I need a good mid-size commercial passenger plane/jet for P3D V3.x?

I'm looking to add something to add to my United Airlines fleet in FSCaptain.  Right now I only have the PMDG 737NGX and 777, so looking for the next plane down in maximum passengers for the short hops to large terminals.  

Thanks in advance--prefer a jet but am considering the Majestic Q400 which I know is a winner.  Which version would you recommend for the Q400.  Is the 'Pilot' edition good enough for home user?  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

You need to become a Bus driver to round out your UAL mid-size fleet.  

The CRJ and E-170 are just not (nor ever should be) considered mid-size.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm looking to add something to add to my United Airlines fleet in FSCaptain.  Right now I only have the PMDG 737NGX and 777, so looking for the next plane down in maximum passengers for the short hops to large terminals.  

Thanks in advance--prefer a jet but am considering the Majestic Q400 which I know is a winner.  Which version would you recommend for the Q400.  Is the 'Pilot' edition good enough for home user?  

Q400 Pro

Bit old but still a decent add-on aeroplane (well, two actually), and definitely in United's fleet if you prefer a jet they actually use...

http://avsim.com/pages/1210/feelThere/Ejets.html

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The Airbus and Q400 are very different.  The Airbus is relatively easy to fly, lands similar to the 777.  The Q400 is more difficult and doesn't land like a 777.  Also there's the 737 NGX which is quite popular, and the brand new TFDi 717 (probably still some bugs there but it's moving along, getting fixed quickly).  All will be stellar.  If you're thinking about the Q400 look at the feature list for the Pro.  I have it and, honestly, I think the pilot edition is just fine...Pro if your wallet is comfortable with it.  For me, I have the 777, A320 and the Q400. 

Take a look at some YouTube videos and see which you prefer. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

TFDI 717 could fit what you want. 

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

TFDI 717 has to be used with the external fcdu when using Fscaptain

it's why i don't use it.it has no 2d panels to attach the interface to.for me it was a impulse buy and one which i now regret.

my own fault as i didn't check  it's compatibility .

steve

it's why i don't use it.it has no 2d panels to attach the interface to.for me it was a impulse buy and one which i now regret.

my own fault as i didn't check it's compatibility .

Interesting.  I'd also imagine it would be a long time before we'd see an FS2Crew module for the 717.  The Aerosoft A320, Q400 and 737NGX are all mature products and have that.  It takes time for new products to get integration.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

yes greg..if i  was more tech savvy..i would install a blank panel to attach fscaptain to.for now i only use

the aerosoft 319's,there perfect for me.and are well supported by addons if you want to upgrade them.

shame the TFDi 717 has some really cool ideas and looks great.

take care

steve

You need to become a Bus driver to round out your UAL mid-size fleet.  

The CRJ and E-170 are just not (nor ever should be) considered mid-size.  :wink:

I thought some SA would come back with that--good job!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

my own fault as i didn't check  it's compatibility .

steve

Thanks for noticing FSC is important for me so best avoid the TFDI 717 for the moment.

Aerosoft's new CRJ is being released in the next couple of weeks.

My goodness that will be a small miracle!  I know it's been under development for a good 50y now  :wink:

Bit old but still a decent add-on aeroplane (well, two actually), and definitely in United's fleet if you prefer a jet they actually use...

http://avsim.com/pages/1210/feelThere/Ejets.html

I had these a way long ago and still have the original installers perhaps, but it was pre P3D.  I will look into them thanks forgot it's been so long.

I think the pilot edition is just fine...Pro if your wallet is comfortable with it. 

Much obliged thanks ;o)

Noel

Get Q400, it's a mature product and sufficiently different from the 777, NGX and other glass jets to be a refreshing change and a good challenge.  You can only fly one at a time, and the 717/Aerosoft Busses are far more similar to your existing fleet.

The Pilot version is more than good enough unless you get deep into the Q400, start with Pilot and upgrade if you feel the need (it's a pay-the-difference deal, so you loose nothing).

Though for reference, the things I actually use/appreciate that are Pro specific are:

• Alternative (smoother) control input
  • Heads-up Guidance System
  • Custom waypoints entered via FMS (e.g. VOR radial intersections)
  • (occasionally) Custom failures

Aerosoft's new CRJ is being released in the next couple of weeks.

Yep!  I've been flying it, and I can tell you that it's absolutely amazing. Close to Maddog fidelity, so it's a real keeper!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.