Sign in to follow this  
Noel

I need a good mid-size commercial passenger plane/jet for P3D V3.x?

Yep!  I've been flying it, and I can tell you that it's absolutely amazing. Close to Maddog fidelity, so it's a real keeper!

Yeah I saw your post on the Aerosoft forum. Didn't realise you were on the testing team.

I'm looking forward to this one more than the A330!

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Yep!  I've been flying it, and I can tell you that it's absolutely amazing. Close to Maddog fidelity, so it's a real keeper!

Dang bubbleheads have all the fun !!!

:Tounge:

Yep - that CRJ has been one I've been waiting for - it's not an MD80 but it's still high on my list and just knowing Digital Aviation was involved is good enough for me...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

About the ERJ 175 and 195 - they work fine if you install them with EMT - but you won't be able to save situations with them. So no Cold and Dark, you will have to do it manually every time. And some textures in the VC suck big time.

Dang bubbleheads have all the fun !!!

LOL!

Didn't realise you were on the testing team

I'm very fortunate to work with a number of terrific developers.  Aerosoft development, and their third party developers have truly impressed me!   It's going to be an exciting year for Aerosoft customers!!!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I thought some SA would come back with that--good job!

Hey Noel, not sure what part of my answer was smart a55'd in your opinion? :blink:  

You noted that you preferred a jet...and I assumed you wanted one that UAL flew...and was mid-sized.  Since you have the 737, the only other choice to my knowledge is the Airbus 319/320 which would fit the requirements you specified.

The Q400 is neither a jet (well...it has jet engines but uses 2 large, un-ducted fans for its main propulsion), nor a mid-size aircraft to my knowledge.

As I noted about the CRJ and Emb....neither is a mid-size....however, if you decide to get the EMB, I painted a United Express livery for it that you can use:

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

I painted a bunch of them and it was a good add-on in its time....it's not great like the current offerings however.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

No worries I figured someone would point out 'mid-sized' wasn't the correct word, and you did, then topped it off w/ the you need to become a bus driver.  SA gets dished out when someone only helps by pointing out the flaws in a post, but I know I opened myself up for it.  And you've gone and redeemed yourself so as I say, no worries!

Nice work on that UE livery.  I might have to go that route but isn't that jet the one w/ the weird green lighting that doesn't work correctly all the time?

And you might as well finish the discussion:  what am I asking for if it wasn't mid-sized?  What I would use it for is short regional flights to get to larger terminals.   Despite the fact I've been at flight simming for going on 25y now I know a surprising little about actual flying.  But I still love it immensely!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

No worries I figured someone would point out 'mid-sized' wasn't the correct word, and you did, then topped it off w/ the you need to become a bus driver.  SA gets dished out when someone only helps by pointing out the flaws in a post, but I know I opened myself up for it.  And you've gone and redeemed yourself so as I say, no worries!

Nice work on that UE livery.  I might have to go that route but isn't that jet the one w/ the weird green lighting that doesn't work correctly all the time?

And you might as well finish the discussion:  what am I asking for if it wasn't mid-sized?  What I would use it for is short regional flights to get to larger terminals.   Despite the fact I've been at flight simming for going on 25y now I know a surprising little about actual flying.  But I still love it immensely!

The word you are looking for is Regional Airliner :smile:   

Which puts you firmly in the territory of CRJ / 717 / Q400 if you add the criteria "decent addon that works natively in P3D  and is released or soon to release".  You could possibly fit the baby 320 series (318) in that niche, but it fills broadly the same role as the 737-600, which you may already have if you have the expansion pack for your NGX.

About the ERJ 175 and 195 - they work fine if you install them with EMT - but you won't be able to save situations with them. So no Cold and Dark, you will have to do it manually every time. And some textures in the VC suck big time.

There is actually no problem with saving any E-Jet situation, certainly in P3D up to 3.2.3. which I use. I currently have about 30 different E-195 startup situations saved. However you may need to do a simple edit of the saved config file for each flight situation that you save. The files are found in My Documents, P3D files. Ignore the WX weather files.

I originally found out, back in P3Dv2 that when saving a situation, it would not load successfully. I could see the saved E-Jet config files were much bigger than equivalent default files. When opened in notepad it was obvious that the first half of the saved E-Jet file was correct, but then there were hundreds of unwanted lines relating, I think, to the E145. These were causing the problem.

I just deleted these additional lines back to the entry <simbase document> and resaved the file. End of problem.

John B

Hey Noel, if you want to expand your knowledge about aviation you should try painting. :Big Grin:  

I've learned more about aviation painting these last 15 years than I did in my 11 years as an avionics tech/instructor in the Navy and getting my BS from Embry-Riddle.

Not sure about the green lighting you speak of with the EMB....it may have issues in P3d but I only flew it in FS9/FSX and don't recall that issue.

You and I joined Avsim at the same time (well I was 2 days ahead of you  :P ) but I suspect you were here in the pre-hack days as well (when we ALL got our profiles reset) and possibly in the Mike Mirando days.  Regardless, we've both been here since the beginning. :wink:  

Believe me it was not my intention to point out flaws in your post (I am not that kind of person), however I know have a fairly good knowledge of aviation and I was attempting to preempt discussions about getting an RJ if you were really looking for a Main Liner as I assumed.

Based on your updated info, you could go many ways now that you mentioned the "regional" word.  Any of the aforementioned planes fit that bill, however you'll find that there huge discrepancy between what's considered an RJ vs a Main Liner (ML).

In my experience, and good rule of thumb is to just see what all the airlines fly, then classify them an RJ or ML as to how you are actually going to use them in the sim.

I can't recall the actual seat number/weight class the FAA makes the demarcation between an RJ and ML, but clearly some planes are right in the gray area.

I don't want to drag in too many examples, but look at the 717 and EMB 195. Either could go both ways I believe, but I've never seen a 717 in RJ service. However, I think some airlines may use the 195 as a ML (Azul for example).

Anyway, the great thing about flightsimming is that your can fly however you wish.  I'm currently flying the 747 on short hops to fly into/out of some of the airports I purchased over the holiday.  You'd never see a 747 tasked with these short hops, but she can certainly handle it (OK, the 747-400D did it all the time in Japan, good article of the last flight if you don't know what a 747-400D is. Click here for the article. )

As you said Noel, NO worries, we're good.  :wink:

Oh, and personally I'd go with the Q400 as its touted to be excellent (I don't own it as its not my flying preference), however it would be a good departure (pun intended) from the jet set and fantastic for short, regional hops.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

As you said Noel, NO worries, we're good. 
Oh, and personally I'd go with the Q400 as its touted to be excellent (I don't own it as its not my flying preference), however it would be a good departure (pun intended) from the jet set and fantastic for short, regional hops.

Yes, no worries!   I used to be much more dedicated to keeping up w/ changes in the FS world but I've lost patience, am too lazy, call it whatever but what I value now is having everything work, and even on my now 5y/o hardware flying PMDG and ORBX regionals and global w/ some choice airports thrown in, things work flawlessly for me daily.  This is why I'm still on P3D v3.0--it's good enough!   I discovered FSCaptain a few years ago, and that is really what keeps me flying P3D.

I see a few issues w/ the Q400 on the FSCaptain forum, but very clearly this is one fine piece of work.  The review I read last night berated the exterior model, but that was all they found negative about it.  The critical piece is FSCaptain, so I have to find out if I'm good w/ the Q400 for FSC.   I have been eyeing the Aerosoft CRJ for a couple of years now and it appears according to their site it's official in March I think.  I didn't see any mention of 2D panels for the CRJ though, and mentioned above was you need to have that in order to be able to embed the FCDU.  And as for needing to have only aircraft United uses, that's not too important for me because my pilot character moonlights as needed for other airlines and even some small charter stuff in his Beech Turbine Duke ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

TFDI 717 has to be used with the external fcdu when using Fscaptain

it's why i don't use it.it has no 2d panels to attach the interface to.for me it was a impulse buy and one which i now regret.

my own fault as i didn't check  it's compatibility .

steve

Interesting.  I'd also imagine it would be a long time before we'd see an FS2Crew module for the 717.  The Aerosoft A320, Q400 and 737NGX are all mature products and have that.  It takes time for new products to get integration.

Hi Steve,

I just got the 717 and on my system I had no issues to install the gauge FCDU of FSCaptain. Maybe try updating the 717 and FScaptain to the latest version and see if it works for you as well.

Peter

I just got the 717 and on my system I had no issues to install the gauge FCDU of FSCaptain. Maybe try updating the 717 and FScaptain to the latest version and see if it works for you as well.

Peter

Great thanks for that!

Noel

Hi Steve,

Peter

thanks peter ..i'll try again

steve

Guest JustanotherPilot

TFDi 717 with ProatcX is a real fun immersive simulation, still issues with the 717 but the developers are pretty well onto it. When it's finished it's going to be an excellent feeder airliner

I have it and, honestly, I think the pilot edition is just fine...Pro if your wallet is comfortable with it. 

Gregg, does the Pilot edition appear in FSCaptain's Dispatch List do you know?  I notice 2D panels are part of the Pro Edition, and you apparently need 2D panels to embed the FCDU, though Peter from FSC kindly notes one can add 2D panels, somehow, some way.

Noel