Sign in to follow this  
OAL809

Southern Routes/747 ETOPS/LROPS

there is still at least one 744 operator that is flying under ETOPS and 180 min. even still showing in the FPPM made for that operator ....

one more at least in the past.

Rudy

I don't think you should post your airline fuel policy. It's not very smart and is the best way to attract the airlines attention and make the world more difficult for folks to participate in the forum. Excepting that information that can come from public ruling documents, the specific airline wording might inadvertently 'tell' something new to the airlines competitor.

Keep things general, is my best advice. I think this is best for everyone. And if you could edit your previous comment, do it. And further advice, don't put policy in your flight planning manual that you're going to create!

There's a reason why this stuff is hard to come by on the internet.

Brian Nellis

Brian,

If I posted the airline's fuel policy, I would agree with you.  An airline's fuel policy tends to be hundreds of pages long.

The stuff posted up there is just about all searchable on the web, with the exception maybe of a rough figure for each aircraft as a maximum amount of reserve fuel.  Nearly all of it is simply CASA regulations, and all Australian airlines tend to have very similar plans from what I can see.

I have had my QF flight plan format files and a very basic manual explaining how to plan "Australian/QF" style (e.g. no alternate unless required, using a decision point) up over there for years.  Nothing new here - basically it is just the Australian law.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reasonable and mature explanation. Rather refreshing, actually!

I'll let it be... thanks.

Brian Nellis

QF 63 and 64 to/from JNB don't operate over the pacific, but rather the southern ocean and indian ocean. There are few to no small islands that can take a 747 in this part of the world. It is one of the last ETOPS limited areas in the world, even at 330min, along with the deep south pacific:

map_zpskrq8az1u.gif

Ah understood, thank you. As I said, my geography in that part of the world isn't too great. Appreciate the explanation.