Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D V4 speculation thread - may as well

The statement behind price of their addons was that license will be compatible, look here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

If not, then it would be false advertising and they would face plenty of issues in such case. Dont believe for one hot second they will risk everything here.

Some have expressed concern about forward compatibility with LM version changes. We have already indicated that our current product licensing will carry you through at least v3.x and x64bit conversion, which we anticipate taking place in v3.x... based on publicly available information.) I am unable to predict what will happen beyond this, but at that point we are likely a good 2 years out and we will evaluate what is fair for the marketplace at that time.

Very clear he stated v3 which he anticipated would be x64. Never promised v4. So no false advertising. Stating something in a public forum do not constitute a legal or specific agreement. They were clearing the air or making a public relations post.

Very clear he stated v3 which he anticipated would be x64. Never promised v4. So no false advertising. Stating something in a public forum do not constitute a legal or specific agreement. They were clearing the air or making a public relations post.

He said at least v3.x and x64bit conversion - that means both. V3 AND 64 bit and while they anticipated it will happen in V3 it does not mean that if it happens in V4 they won't cover it.

Check here too: http://www.avsim.com/topic/461652-07feb15-pmdg-777-200lrf-300er-for-p3d-released/

It's very clear triple 7 will be 64 bit covered

QUOTE: "Pricing in P3D will be different than our FSX customers may be accustomed to, as our P3D product line will continue to grow and expand under a continuing development program.  This will include update to x64 versions, additional functionality and product capabilities as they are made available within the P3D platform."

Depends. There are areas where Xplane 11 is much better and there are areas where it cannot compete with P3D. Thing is - it's the right time to have it all in one sim after 10 years from FSX release.

The night lighting in X Plane is good.  Most of the time, I don't fly at night.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The night lighting in X Plane is good.  Most of the time, I don't fly at night.  

:) 

As mentioned, I love how it has all the details available all the time and not only in my limited radius. One thing worth to mention is it will definitely help when P3D goes 64 bit to raise this radius - it never impacted my FPS but I always OOM'ed over 4.5 in long flights

They can do what they want, but if they try to charge people $100ish bucks yet again for the same product on just a different platform, then they deserve the backlash they get.

RR is on record as saying they will not charge for a 64bit update for the NGX, I would hope after buying the NGX for both FSX and P3D at full price, that he would stick to his word.

I hope you are right.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I thought you had made a mistake and meant v4. Apologies. But I think we all accept that no further changes will be coming for V3 anyway as we are on the threshold of a V4 release?

No problem. As to your speculation, LM has been pretty good about producing an polished product while doing as little in-house work as possible, which is the mantra of any company interested in making money. What I mean by that is that they haven't been treading on the turf of 3rd party developers. LM could have spent time incorporating better weather injection, clouds, ATC, AI aircraft scheduling and scenery, but they chose to focus on the base sim. But it even goes farther than that. They have incorporated 3rd party SDKs into P3d and will probably continue to do so with future versions. Some examples are:

1. Sundog Software's Triton SDK for water motion and other effects

2. SpeedTrees for 3D trees

3. Autodesk Scaleform windows for enhancing the UI

4. Scalable Technologies EasyBlend SDK for DX11 rendering features. Also note this.

plus a number of graphing and audio open source license SDKs.

• Upvote 1

He said at least v3.x and x64bit conversion - that means both. V3 AND 64 bit and while they anticipated it will happen in V3 it does not mean that if it happens in V4 they won't cover it.

Check here too: http://www.avsim.com/topic/461652-07feb15-pmdg-777-200lrf-300er-for-p3d-released/

It's very clear triple 7 will be 64 bit covered

QUOTE: "Pricing in P3D will be different than our FSX customers may be accustomed to, as our P3D product line will continue to grow and expand under a continuing development program.  This will include update to x64 versions, additional functionality and product capabilities as they are made available within the P3D platform."

Show me anywhere on the PMDG website where they guarantee version 4 compatibility or x64 free of cost

I understand this is a speculation thread, but I am not going to blindly think for one instance that PMDG is going to give anything away for free. If it costs PMDG a penny extra you bet they will pass it along. Heck, they charge extra for such simple things as extended downloads that other companies give away for free.

It was not that long ago PMDG stated unequivocally they would not produce products for P3D and their licensing agreements prohibited them from doing such.  Then when brand X started providing products for P3D, PMDG made an 180 on that statement. Sure, in the end, it was a good thing for the community, but it just goes to show, you can't believe everything PMDG posts.

I bet the 777/747v3/NGXv3 will be made x64 compatible, I will not bet we will get it for free. Pessimistic view but at least I will not be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

BTW, in case anybody clicked the "Also note this" link in the post and noticed that the SAGE video was missing, here it is:

Show me anywhere on the PMDG website where they guarantee version 4 compatibility or x64 free of cost

They're rep states it on largest flight sim forum - to me its enough. Not sure why it needs to be on the website? 

As far as producing stuff for P3D goes, obviously they followed their customers. By wanting us to pay again for 64 bit even though the price of PMDG addons is already very high, they would go against them. 

As this thread is about speculation. Anyone know if another point release is coming for V3?

James McLees

I understand this is a speculation thread, but I am not going to blindly think for one instance that PMDG is going to give anything away for free. If it costs PMDG a penny extra you bet they will pass it along. Heck, they charge extra for such simple things as extended downloads that other companies give away for free.

It was not that long ago PMDG stated unequivocally they would not produce products for P3D and their licensing agreements prohibited them from doing such.  Then when brand X started providing products for P3D, PMDG made an 180 on that statement. Sure, in the end, it was a good thing for the community, but it just goes to show, you can't believe everything PMDG posts.

I bet the 777/747v3/NGXv3 will be made x64 compatible, I will not bet we will get it for free. Pessimistic view but at least I will not be disappointed.

This times 100.  I will not go anywhere near the 747 unless I see in big bold letters on their website that a future 64 bit version of P3D is a free upgrade.  Actually I shouldn't say this but I don't even mind if they say it will cost an upgrade fee of something reasonable like $20 but anything short of this is full price and I am out.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think my p3d is 64 bit.. it should be, how do i know?

Do you have two p3d installed making it 64 bit??? 👻

As mentioned, I love how it has all the details available all the time and not only in my limited radius.

Except at night ironically, when every 1x1 tile lights up as you fly towards it.

This times 100.  I will not go anywhere near the 747 unless I see in big bold letters on their website that a future 64 bit version of P3D is a free upgrade.  Actually I shouldn't say this but I don't even mind if they say it will cost an upgrade fee of something reasonable like $20 but anything short of this is full price and I am out.

This exactly. I just can't bring myself to believe that PMDG would ever offer a free upgrade from 32 to 64 bit. In fact, I would be surprised that such an upgrade would be less than $40 or even more. I wonder how much this will effect 747 v3 sales? We can't be the only two people that are afraid of purchasing it with the fear of it being a paperweight when 64 bit comes out. I have cut off the purchase of all 32 bit payware purchases until we hear something on v4.

• Upvote 1