Sign in to follow this  
SirBismuth

New Forum Member

Hi All,

Now that my 24hrs is up, can finally introduce myself.  

I have been an FS pilot, on and off, for years from FS4 until FSX (which I currently use).  I recently reinstalled FSX after watching FS videos on Youtube.  The system I have is not the greatest for FSX, but it does the job for now, and I need to get myself a decent controller as well.

I recently acquired the PMDG 737NGX, and am loving it so far.

Plan on getting on VATSIM/IVAO as soon as I am comfortable with the 737.

B

Welcome to AVSIM.  Sorry for the delay.  AVSIM is constantly under attack by evil spammers and hackers around the world. 

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Welcome & happy flying!

I'm at the other end of the FSX spectrum as it were - freeware & no friends (only a couple of payware aircraft and cannot connect to multiplayer...yet!)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the welcome!

Only payware aircraft I have is the NGX, in my FS9 days my jet of choice was FeelThere's ERJ.  The ERJ was extremely well modeled, at the time I worked for an airline that operated ERJs, and I even used the same checklists that we used onboard the real aircraft for my virtual flights, worked just as well.  

For online flying, I will go with IVAO/Vatsim, once I am confident enough with NGX.  For offline flying I currently use ProATC/X, especially so that I can fly SIDs/STARs, and not just get vectored departures/approach like the default ATC does.  

Douglas Ulyate

Thanks for the welcome SF!

Heh, talk about safe distances, was at cruise for Tutorial 2 of the PMDG NGX, and get a TA that turned out to be an AI Learjet, luckily no RA as it was climbing above me.  ATC was off, so wouldn't have received a traffic alert from them either.