Sign in to follow this  
SirBismuth

New PMDG 737NGX Pilot

Thanks for that, am enjoying the NGX immensely!  

Pitch management is certainly very interesting, but I find if you handle the jet gently, it's not so bad then.  Currently I disconnect A/T and A/p on Final, crosswinds at LIRF almost caught me by surprise (I did get the ATIS, but conditions changed I guess), but managed to put it down safely.  Returning back to EHAM, I got too focused on doing a CATIII landing (conditions were VFR, but was just practicing that option) but the A/P said no, so I went to manual but closed the throttles a bit late, so we landed long AND hard, luckily 18C is a long runway.  

I love the HGS on the NGX, used it for every landing, thus enabling me to look out the window AND have the necessary information available to me.  I don't have TrackIR, but on final what I need to see is in front of me and on the HGS.

The NGX does indeed have a tendency to float if you flare too early or too much, so I also do it rather delicately.  At EHAM I started the flare, saw I was going to land long, so released and probably shook the pax around a bit on landing, but we all survived and nothing broke, so it was a good landing as far as I was concerned.

My next goal is start disconnecting the A/p from 10000.  I actually also want to setup short routes, and hand-fly the entire route as well.

When you'll get FS2Crew it's very nice to practice Touch & Go procedure.

good luck and have lot of fun with this amazing bird

I love the HGS too! A perfect tool for a nice approach!

Flex from Manchester to Munich yesterday, Matt Davies as London Center controller... What a nice flight.

I really like the 737 and it is well worth the money.

The 737 and the 777 feel similiar regarding the systems, the 777 with more automation.

Well, both fun to fly...

Thanks again PMDG for those stunning products. Waiting for the 747...