Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

i7-7700K vs i7-4770K benchmark

Hi,

Seems like 2017 is the time to upgrade my older 4770K@4,7 to i7-7700K.

Out of the box it looks like a 30% boost with a "5 GHZ" relative easy to clock given another 6%.

So if we expect todays FPS at 30FPS it should provide about 40-41fps

Not bad at all

Maybe also 2-5fps extra with DDR4@3200MHZ RAM vs DDR3@2400MHZ

So 30FPS is almost 50fps (hopefully  :wink:  :Tounge: )

http://hwbench.com/cpus/intel-core-i7-7700k-vs-intel-core-i7-4770k

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I read on several sites that the 7700K indeed can be oc to 5GHz on air cooling

If your 4770K is running at 4.7,  that will be an increase of 7%, not 30% :(

The faster ram should indeed give a few fps on top

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

If your 4770K is running at 4.7,  that will be an increase of 7%, not 30% :sad:

In the test above is seems like single thread is about 30% faster out of the box but that is offcause compared to a none overclocked 4770K.

My mistake  :Tounge:

Seems like it is more about 21% (15% at 4700MHZ+6 at 5000MHZ) + DDR4 % (more like a 25-30% increase overall)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'll have to see if there will be 7th gen for 2011 v3, I personally think it is the best work horse for FSX or P3D

Im not sure about change my i5-4670k.

We´ll see AMD Ryzen and the number of cores used by the new 2017 sims.

If your 4770K is running at 4.7,  that will be an increase of 7%, not 30% :(

5.0 GHz on air? On all threads and stable?

Call me skeptical but I'd have to see that (from multiple different consumers) to believe it.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

5.0 GHz on air? On all threads and stable?

Call me skeptical but I'd have to see that (from multiple different consumers) to believe it.

Could be running at 85C on air. That's hot thought. My clock ran 85C on air on my 3820 but I got liquid cooling and with FSX running I generally get about 45-55C

I also hope this, actualy i´m using a 6850K at 4,4 Ghz and 3200 Mhz DDR4 with a GTX1080 and a 500 GB M2 ssd.

never hat so good Performance.

The first time in my flightsim live that i dont think about upgrading something to have more Performance. And i´m flight siming since 15 years.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

From what I've read, if you delid the 7700k, add a dab of liquid metal, temps can be lowered by 30C, and OC's on water can get over 5.2 stable, and that's out of the gate, just getting started.     Since the current P3D is thread manager limited on Core 1, The only thing that's gonna help Scotty's "moar power!" orders is GigahUrtz, and this CPU is very promising in that way.  I am considering it.

Look at the Videos I posted in the other thread. Also, Asus have confirmed that 5 GHz is indeed achievable with "reasonable" cooling for a chip that's "reasonably" placed in the silicone lottery. 

The OC3D Videos I posted by Tom Logan are worth a watch. He achieved 5.1 GHz stable with an AIO with his chips. Not sure about his fish, or kebabs. 

Still, Asus' reputation for rock-solid reliability and overclocking performance continues with the Code. It is a high-end motherboard with a high-end price to match, but it (along with several other Asus boards) has a neat party trick: it can push the i7-7700K to 5GHz with a reasonable (read: no extravagant water cooling required) setup. There are a few caveats to that performance—the biggest being that Asus also supplied the i7-7700K for this review, which was likely binned from a large batch—but the company claims that most decent unlocked Core i7 and Core i5 Kaby Lake chips will hit 5GHz between a reasonable 1.29-1.35 volts.

The CPU market is depressingly stagnant these days :sad: I can think of only one reason to buy a new desktop PC at the moment, and that is a total failure of my existing one.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png