Sign in to follow this  
FlyIce

What's the fastest fps you can get with beta 3?

Sth is clearly holding back XP11 beta 3 from running faster on my system (2500k 4.9GHz, Titan X Pascal, 20GB RAM, SSD, Win7 64bit). 

For instance, I slided everything to minimum/none in graphics setting, at default KSEA in C172 I got only 40-45fps. Mind you that I was flying completely bare terrain with no autogen no cars no roads absolutely no nothing. I'd expect my fps should be easily in triple digits. 

When I fly Ortho4XP scenery, I end up with jerky 10-15 fps with max settings.. But the thing is my CPU (every core) and GPU were barely loaded to 50%. Even stranger, when I strip graphics settings to minimum I only gain 3 - 5 fps. 

The thing is that beta 2 was running very fast and smooth. Really curious to know what murdered my fps in beta 3. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

That is odd. I'm using GTX1080 and everything is maxed out, I don't get that low fps. I'm running XP11 on WIN10 with threaded optimization off 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I also made sure threaded optimization is off and power is set to maximum in control panels. 

With max settings (except PBR on low) I get 25fps at default KSEA, so taking away ALL those extras settings only doubled my fps. Strange. 

hm, a 2500k, what is that, like 6 years old? 

My guess is that you are overwhelming the data busses in your system.

(my mantra: balance. don't overclock, just make sure that all components are in balance, this means memory, CPU, motherboard and GPU).

I think this 1080 is way too powerfull for your system, the bottleneck is your CPU/motherboard bandwidth, probably also slow memory.

Beta 3 is a bit worse then beta 2 performance wise, looks like your combo got hit really hard by this iteration.

You can only hope it gets better again in the next.

That's sth in my mind too. I'm planning to upgrade to Kaby Lake once the CPU and Z270 motherboard become available. 

The other thing to keep in mind, as has been openly stated, several times, they've barely touched rendering optimizations. They've been much more concerned with getting 3rd party Dev issues sorted out and stable.  As such FPS and issues around it, are a moot point, this isn't the final rendering set up.  I'm getting 40-60 FPS with max settings on my 4790K as an example and my chip is a few years old now.

What are your other values in your fps display, such as cpu and gpu times per frame? Can you list the values you are getting when at low fps in the fps display?

What are your other values in your fps display, such as cpu and gpu times per frame? Can you list the values you are getting when at low fps in the fps display?

I can't remember exactly but I did have looked at the numbers and they seem to add up ok. GPU and CPU times are about the same and are consistent with the fps (e.g. 0.063sec CPU and GPU time when running 15fps).

I seem to have spent the majority of my time in X-Plane 10 watching and fine tuning the FPS. In X-Plane 11 I did for the first beta, then never bothered again. The image is smooth, no matter what the FPS is. Perhaps the FPS no longer is accurate or something?

In any case, no longer even bother looking.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

That's what I got with beta 2. It's always smooth with no stuttering, even around 20fps feels like 30fps or more in P3D.

Then beta3 came and all changed to the much worse. I'm waiting for XP11 beta4 see if it gives me back beta2 performance. I'm also waiting for Kaby Lake to see if up-to-date hardware helps.