Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A few more of my getting comfortable with AeroFly 2...

Apart from the clouds lacking environmental colouration and ambiance/shading, these are very impressive.

Nice pictures!. One question: is that AFS2 default weather engine or there is an addon already released for weather generation?. I agree with the comment from Novation regarding the coloration and ambient shading and some lack of depth in clouds depiction. But except for that, the views are amazing!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Good afternoon Ladies and gentlemen,

Aerofly Fs2 is the smoothest sim out the box, it is entirely up to your preferences, to setup it up and run it the way you want it.

Aerofly Fs2 in combination with virtual reality hardware, is the best sim experience you can have out of the box, period.

You may have other criteria for flight sim, but, the immersion factor using it with virtual reality hardware, with smooth easy handling, far surpass all other criteria.

Thanking You,

Best regards,

Aftab 

AFTAB HINGORO

Nice pictures!. One question: is that AFS2 default weather engine or there is an addon already released for weather generation?. I agree with the comment from Novation regarding the coloration and ambient shading and some lack of depth in clouds depiction. But except for that, the views are amazing!.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed, 

That is the stock engine. It does change with each flight..in that the clouds sizes depicted (and dynamically change in-flight) , types, wind directions, actually the wind direction is totally dynamic, and you can see the heading, and velocity change on the top info bar...  I took off in dense fog, with the military trainer...and that was a first!  All my flights so far, have dynamic weather happening, even if it is a tad less sophisticated than other full weather system add-ons...but that will come. For now...you will enjoy the variety, in-sim...and dynamically alive...

You can set your wind, thermals, etc, in a slider format.

In all my flights, I have forgotten that it is not as sophisticated (yet!) as XEnviro, ASN, etc.  It is no 'dog' as of right now to inject immersion above the terrain!

This sim, so far, is a serious win/win for my requirements.  I like it now...even in pre-view, so how much more is this going to ramp up my enjoyment slider as it goes through its stages of beta to RTM......well, I hope the slider is long in the tooth...to cover the anticipated scope... LOLOL!

Cheers,

King Air Mitch

Good afternoon Ladies and gentlemen,

Aerofly Fs2 is the smoothest sim out the box, it is entirely up to your preferences, to setup it up and run it the way you want it.

Aerofly Fs2 in combination with virtual reality hardware, is the best sim experience you can have out of the box, period.

You may have other criteria for flight sim, but, the immersion factor using it with virtual reality hardware, with smooth easy handling, far surpass all other criteria.

Thanking You,

Best regards,

Aftab 

How is the performance in VR? Can you dial up AA and/or resolution to make the image smooth, without it becoming a slideshow?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Wow, I'm keeping an eye on this!!!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What airport is that on your last picture, and which area (close by airport) on picture no 6?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hello Frontendrob,

Generally speaking, Image quality in Virtual reality hardware both in Occlus Rift and HTC-Vive, is not what you expect from

your regular 4k desktop or wall mounted monitors. I am using virtual realty HMD with all the settings for quality in Nvidia drivers

for my Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 premium gaming package graphic card, and I can tell you the sim performance is very smooth

with these settings.

With Aerofly fs2, and Virtual reality HMD, you are in the surroundings of the sim environment, unlike in your desktop setups,

you are pressing a button on your aircraft panel, and at the same time you are looking at your room, same is true with

expensive cockpit builds and that is very distracting for sim, no matter how neat and clean your room upkeep.

In virtual reality you have 360 degrees of FOV (field of view) of your surroundings that enhance your immersion factor further,

you look at your aircraft panel not only in 3d, but also when you turn your head, you are looking at AI traffic and jetways around you, 

instead of a desk and chair in your room while simming.

Thanking You,

Best regards

Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Very Nice! :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick