Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

PMDG 747 V3 FPS

Beta testers and PMDG will 747 400/800 be fps intensive or they will be like 777.I have a 2gb graphic card will it manage the bird that I cant wait to buy.Thanks for your awesome products and to all folks who are inolved in this project. :D ;D

This article posted a while back should answer your question.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/478765-25nov15-pmdg-747-400-queen-of-the-skies-ii-vc-preview/?hl=+25nov15?st=0

Here's a quote from (RSR) the article 

"That being the case, I created a scenario in four airplanes- so that you can get a rough idea how the 747-400 and 747-8 compare to our existing mainline products.  Note that I am giving you TWO different FPS numbers.  The first number is "with the mouse cursor not visible on the FSX screen" and the second is "with the mouse cursor visible."  (I give these to you since FSX performance varies so much between those two conditions...)

Condition:  Default FSX (retail, non-steam) runway 34L at KPAE using default FSX scenery, clear weather and no traffic.

Aircraft:                with Mouse / without Mouse

PMDG 737NGX:                39 / 53

PMDG 777-200LR            32 / 50

PMDG 747-400 II              36 / 55

PMDG 747-8                    37 / 55

I will rebuild this metric for you a few times as we get closer to release- but given our current status, I am quite pleased with the fact that this airplane operates about 12.5% better than the 777!"

with Mouse / without Mouse

Wait, what? Are you saying that if I move the mouse off the screen I'll get a 30% increase in FPS?

Interesting, this is the first I've read about this, I'll have to experiment.

• Upvote 1

The mouse FPS has been an FSX bug since the FSX release. Remember everyone's computer/setup is different.

Nick,

More like if you let the mouse cursor 'auto-disappear' you get the FPS boost.

I usually keep mine over the windscreen.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

The mouse FPS has been an FSX bug since the FSX release

Sorry about the derail - cool to discover things previously unknown to me just by monitoring these forums. After a search I found about about the bug, but even with everything thats out there, I had no idea it existed this this thread had that info in the background of the main subject.

More like if you let the mouse cursor 'auto-disappear' you get the FPS boost.

I haven't even thought to look and make sure the mouse is auto-disappearing - another little tidbit... again another reason I keep following these forums. 

Yep, following AVSIM topics has resulted in me suffering only one OOM incident in the last two years (I'm a pedant, I keep a record of every incident and fix for it I encounter), and that one was on the 26nd of December last year due to a corrupted sound file.

AVSIM, keeping the digitally challenged in the virtual skies and making it look easy.

Not 100% sure but I believe Robert or someone on the team addressed this before and the verdict was if you can fly the NGX and the T7 without issues then the new 747 should run fine.

Is there any crapware payload with this app?

I use it, as far as I see it there is no crapware added. Works good.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I use it, as far as I see it there is no crapware added. Works good.

Wah-k, cheers, worth a look, brother.

spacer.png

Doesn't the NGX have a built in cursor hide? If so why would you need an additional program?

Doesn't the NGX have a built in cursor hide? If so why would you need an additional program?

People fly planes other than the NGX.

The mouse FPS has been an FSX bug since the FSX release. Remember everyone's computer/setup is different.

I'm less convinced it is a bug. I thought so initially, then I tried P3D V3.3.5 out and it still happens on my system even though LM said they fixed it.

FSX and P3D both use hardware cursors, because if they didn't, you could cap your FPS at 10, and the mouse cursor itself would move at 10 FPS instead of your monitor's refresh rate.

I tried it with another game that allows you to switch the hardware cursor on and off in the options menu.

Hardware cursor on, FPS capped at 10: smooth mouse movement.

Hardware cursor off, FPS capped at 10: mouse movement stutters.