Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 Released!

I'm pleased to officially announce the release of our new simulation product:

GNS 530W/430W V2 for X-Plane

Legendary Gauges Redefined!

Our new offering builds on our unique expertise with Garmin GNS simulation since 2002.

Now packing more value for the money with TCAD and TAWS bundled in standard, we are also offering CROSSFILL at no additional cost!

And there is more: to also thank our loyal customers for so many years of flight simulation excitement, we are adding a 10% discount coupon on top, valid until January 19th 2017, for customers of any of our products!

Time has never been better to experience modern 64 bits simulation: X-Plane!

Grab you copy and your coupon:

http://www.reality-xp.com/index2.html

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Great news for X-Plane community... Are you going to release updated units for FSX/P3D platforms also?

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Grab you copy from our website at: reality-xp.com and don't forget to also download your coupon once there!

Can you please add a link to coupon as I can not find it at reality-xp.com.

@bluebell12 it is there,  blue link, I missed and paid full price as I missed it first time and thought the e commerce installer would take care of everything (:

• Upvote 1

Great news for X-Plane community... Are you going to release updated units for FSX/P3D platforms also?

We are indeed working on the final bits and pieces of the RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 for FS-SEX9 P3D.

@bluebell12 it is there,  blue link, I missed and paid full price as I missed it first time and thought the e commerce installer would take care of everything (:

I'm so sorry you've missed the link. We've now put a box around the link which we have moved closer to the download button in case it was not legible enough.

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Great news, been looking forward to this update.

Many thanks.

Pete D. (Hobby Cockpit builder)

Hello,

Very good new! I have a couple of questions about this release

1-  I have the PFC 430W controllers. Should I buy the 430+hardware controller? or with this new release is included the hw control?

2 - Where I can find the discount coupon. I'm interested in the 430 + 650 products

3 - Is the 430 database updated?

From the Reality XP plugin perspective, there is no need to repurchase the GNS Hardware: GNS V2 will detect and use it.

However, we cannot guarantee the hardware is working fully with XP11.

As for the coupon, the "download 10% reduction coupon" blue button is right above the "download e-commerce installer" gray button (both on the reality-xp.com/index2.html page).

As for the database:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/501135-rxp-gns-530w430w-v2-database-update/

First of all, congratulations on your release.

A question:  If an aircraft already has the 3D modeling in place for a GNS 530 (or 430) with the default X-Plane GNS in use, does it still require developer integration for these RXP units in order to use them in a 3D cockpit? Or is possible to 'swap out' the existing default GNS that is displaying on the panel with one of these?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Unlike the GTN, every single X-Plane aircraft I know off include either or both the GNS 530W and the GNS 430W (stock X-Plane GPS). 

This gives you the quick route to replace the stock GPS screen with the Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 screen in just editing the RealityXP.GNS.INI [GNS_#30_#.PANEL2D] and [GNS_#30_#.PANEL3D] accordingly. However, this won't tie the 3d controls to the Reality XP plugin as-is.

We are now working on updating our GTN to the latest GTN Trainer and with the plugin stability and enhancements we have done with the GNS and once done, we will see how we can 'automate' as most as possible such integrations if this is possible.

This gives you the quick route to replace the stock GPS screen with the Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 screen in just editing the RealityXP.GNS.INI [GNS_#30_#.PANEL2D] and [GNS_#30_#.PANEL3D] accordingly. However, this won't tie the 3d controls to the Reality XP plugin as-is.

Thanks. So then if understand you correctly, the screen will be replaced in the 3D cockpit and will show the RXP unit instead of the stock X-Plane GNS, but the 3D buttons and knobs would not function, and one would have to use the popup to control the unit.

Is it possible to assign hardware buttons to control the RXP GNS? (I assume so, but I better check!)

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Is it possible to assign hardware buttons to control the RXP GNS? (I assume so, but I better check!)

I'd say it is more generic than that: you can command the RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 using its custom commands published to X-Plane (see the GNS V2 user's manual). Whether you trigger these commands from hardware, from keyboard, from motion sensor device etc... it will work as long as X-Plane knows how to convert your input to X-Plane commands!

Yes, first like announced it comes with a more recent trainer, which includes trainer bug fixes, performance enhancements and new features. It also comes with an updated database of its own dated 2010.

You might want to read the thread right below this thread in the forum though:

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 database update

http://www.avsim.com/topic/501135-rxp-gns-530w430w-v2-database-update/