Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 Released!

The GNS 530W/430W V2 integral lighting offers additional configuration options than the GTN.

Will you be adding this to the GTN in a update?

Will you be adding this to the GTN in a update?

Yes indeed, it is already in our code base now! By the way, since we are yet to release the GTN update until we finish the trainer 6.21.1 compatibility task, there is a window of opportunity to try adding a  few more ideas for panel integration. Don't hesitate to tell us and we'll see what we can do!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

There is no foreseen issues with v1.8 but it has not be specifically tested as the GNS 530W/430W V2 is supersedes the older 1.8. Do you have something specific in mind in using both at the same time?!?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I just wanted to keep the old version around until I can test the new v2 on my system. So I was hoping I could do that without having to uninstall the old version. Maybe just rename some folders or something like that?

If there is any issue, you can rename the old plugin file to: "[XPL]\Resources\Plugin\rxpGNS.xpl.disabled"

This will prevent X-Plane to load it.

there is a window of opportunity to try adding a  few more ideas for panel integration.

I know we have PM on this but I would like a few more CUSTOM DATAREFS for both GNS and GTS.

The RXP/radios/indicators/gps_discrete_out is very hard to work with for a none programmer.

Here is what I would love to add, marked with in red.

image.jpgimage hosting free

Tom.

And if possible the TERR warning for the middle with dataref for TAWS TERRAIN WARNING.

A quick snap shot of Bell 429 in X-Plane 11.

X_Plane_2017_01_11_00_28_14_46.jpgupload pics

I have been wondering if in the GNS 530/430 and GTN 750/650 that the second page on switch on showing TEST actual out puts any information.

I have been wondering if in the GNS 530/430 and GTN 750/650 that the second page on switch on showing TEST actual out puts any information.

This is working as it should, sorry for asking.

but the 3D buttons and knobs would not function

True. The reason for this is that the actual 3D objects themselves are tied to X-Plane commands. For example the FPL button on a 3D object of the GNS430 is connected to X-Plane's default "sim/GPS/g430n1_fpl" command. To work with the RXP GNS, it needs to be connected to RXP's equivalent commands instead, and this can only be done with changing the 3D object. And this is best done by the developers.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

True. The reason for this is that the actual 3D objects themselves are tied to X-Plane commands. For example the FPL button on a 3D object of the GNS430 is connected to X-Plane's default "sim/GPS/g430n1_fpl" command. To work with the RXP GNS, it needs to be connected to RXP's equivalent commands instead, and this can only be done with changing the 3D object. And this is best done by the developers.

If I understand correctly:

- If an aircraft has a position for one of the default X-Plane GNS units, the appropriate RXP unit (either a 530 or a 430) is able to be visible in that same 3D location by adjusting RXP settings.

- The 3D buttons, when designed to be used with a default X-Plane GNS, will not operate the RXP GNS, since they are tied to the default X-Plane commands.

So, would it then be possible, using the XPLM callback structure, to write a plugin that watches for the standard GNS commands, intercepts them, and passes the RXP commands out?

Seems to me it would be workable - you could then have a plugin that could allow you to operate the RXP GNS within *any* X-Plane GNS equipped aircraft, with the 3D buttons in the cockpit, without the original developer having to do a thing.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

So, would it then be possible, using the XPLM callback structure, to write a plugin that watches for the standard GNS commands, intercepts them, and passes the RXP commands out?

This is the avenue we were about to have a look at once we're done with releasing the new GTN update. If the SDK permits any plugin intercepting any command, this should be a piece of cake to have this feature (with a menu/setting option) in the GNS V2 plugin code directly, even more so since I guess all GNS commands have a corresponding 1:1 match with the stock GPS.

This is the avenue we were about to have a look at once we're done with releasing the new GTN update. If the SDK permits any plugin intercepting any command, this should be a piece of cake to have this feature (with a menu/setting option) in the GNS V2 plugin code directly, even more so since I guess all GNS commands have a corresponding 1:1 match with the stock GPS.

I didn't do a ton of research on it, but I did have a look through the documentation as well as happened on a few examples where this has been done by others. If you're going to look at it and perhaps integrate such a feature within your plugin directly, that would be absolutely perfect - nothing would even have to be done by aircraft developers, and you'd have instant full 3D compatibility in a large amount of aircraft.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

and you'd have instant full 3D compatibility in a large amount of aircraft.

Although I can imagine of cases where the aircraft authors do not directly bind the default commands to the 3D object, but their own wrapper functions, because that allows greater control of what happens when a particular button is pressed. In these cases, the aircraft developers still need to do their own changes.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Although I can imagine of cases where the aircraft authors do not directly bind the default commands to the 3D object, but their own wrapper functions

True, but those wrapper functions would still have the same end result of a 'sim/GPS/...' command being called, wouldn't they? Otherwise the X-Plane GPS wouldn't know that a button was ever pressed in the first place?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.