Sign in to follow this  
jspringe

Aircraft motion vs scenery motion efects

With turbulence effects (ground, engine, air/wind), is only the aircraft vibrating/moving or is the environment scenery/horizon also affected?  That is, is the viewers eye also affected so that both the airplane and the external view vibrates?  For example, on ground roll, I would expect a certain amount of vibration to the airframe and also a certain amount of vibration to the external horizon.

How do you control how much effect is applied to the aircraft and how much effect is applied to the environment?

Thanks

You can control every axis of the turbulence.

You can customize the engine turbulence to affect X,Y and Z axis or Pitch, Heading and Bank variations

2016-12-27_15-21-48.png

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

@Keven Menard if I leave the sliders on 1.00 should it give me a realistic feel in passenger airliners? Or are there some sliders that need tweaking?

@Keven Menard if I leave the sliders on 1.00 should it give me a realistic feel in passenger airliners? Or are there some sliders that need tweaking?

We are currently adjusting those sliders to make them realistic by default. Since every outside camera is different, you can tune those to your liking.

On our list of things to do: Saveable turbulence template

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

We are currently adjusting those sliders to make them realistic by default. Since every outside camera is different, you can tune those to your liking.

On our list of things to do: Saveable turbulence template

Awesome! Really glad I chose your product over EZCA V2!

The anticipation stuff may be my favorite feature. I would however like a bit more effect when putting the throttle to full on take-off :)

I would however like a bit more effect when putting the throttle to full on take-off :)

You can change this effect using the Accels. turbulence type.

Next update will allow you to tune various aspects of it as well.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

So, back to OP question at top...

What I'm confused about is this example:   I am sitting in the pilot seat looking out the windshield to the horizon.   All of the turbulence effects bounce the aircraft around, but my eyepoint does not change at all.  It is like I am floating inside the aircraft.   But I'm not actually floating, I am strapped into the pilot seat.  So, as the aircraft is bounced around, I should be bounced around.   My view of the horizon (and scenery) should be bouncing around.  But it is not.  I see only the cockpit bouncing around and the scenery/horizon are perfectly still.  The windshield is moving around in front of me, but the scenery outside the windshiled is perfectly stable with my eye.

We are still tuning Turbulence effects right now. 

You can tune the Accels and Gyroscopic turbulence type to your needs to achieve the desired effect

Adjusting the Pitch and Pan in the Gyroscopic Tuning options should help your case for now

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42