Sign in to follow this  
jorgemoya

P3D 747 V3 Beta 1440p at max settings test

Yes it does because when the reversers are active 2 of the slats at both sides of the plane go up again, So when they are not down, The flaps are not '30' Because the slats are not in the flap 30 position

Robin Crum

Super, thanks for the info Robin

I'm quite intrigued by the rattling and light shaking during the light turbulence in flight. It looks great. Is that an effect native to v3? Or am I looking at some sort of 3rd-party add-on?

Video is nice, but without knowing what add-ons and stuff you're using it's pretty useless except to envy that you have it...

Video is nice, but without knowing what add-ons and stuff you're using it's pretty useless except to envy that you have it...

I'm pretty sure he lists everything he added in the actual YouTube description if I recall correctly from earlier......

Published on Jan 5, 2017

Beta Preview 1440P

PMDG 747-400 QOTSII P3D v3.4 BETA¡¡¡¡

its a short fligh test but VAS always was under the line in a normal flight

advise

- performance ​testing and FMS programing and rute behavior

- runway papis on arrival are bad in the scenarie

- the color in the sim its afected by the ultimated realism pack from PD

- Radar weather WORKS fine¡ but im not use Active sky on this video

Record and upload direct from AMD ReLive

Like: shared/ subscribe

Dislike: Comment please

Addons:

►Virtualcol 2015 100% P3D v3 funcional

►PMDG 777-200

►PMDG 737ngx

►PMDG 747Beta V3

►BEECHCRAFT KING AIR 350i

►RealAir Duke v2 piston

►A2A Cessna 182

►A2A Cessna 172

►Freemesh ninetwo productions

►FTX Global

►Rex Soft Clouds

►Prepar3d V3.4

►Ftx global

►Ftx vector

►OrbxFTXGLightsConfigurator120

►ORBX_SLOWER_TRAFFIC_V3

PC Specs :

►Procesador: i7 4790K 4.4 Ghz OC turbo boost at 4.5 Devil's Canyon

►GPU: AMD R9 390G 8GB 512 bits

►Hard Drives: 4 Terabites HHD 7200 rpm

►2 SSD kingston 240GB

►Ram GSkill Sniper 16 GB Ram 2400 Mhz

►Mother Board: GigaByte Z97X-Sli

►Power Supply: HALE82 v2 700W - NZXT

►OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

I'm quite intrigued by the rattling and light shaking during the light turbulence in flight. It looks great. Is that an effect native to v3? Or am I looking at some sort of 3rd-party add-on?

Hi Eric,

That is one of the new features of the V3 - the cockpit rattling / shaking model is active on the ground and for turbulence in flight.  It is driven by a number of factors and when triggered it uses sounds from a random pool of 30 different shaking and rattle sound files.  I can promise you that no flight will ever sound the same!

• Upvote 6

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I'm pretty sure he lists everything he added in the actual YouTube description if I recall correctly from earlier......

That's a very helpful list but it still leaves some questions open.  It'd be nice to know what the in-sim settings are for VAS consumers like autogen, and what Vector features are in use.  Also, there's no AI apart from ORBX slow AI (is that related to an add-on airport?) and if I'm reading his notes correctly, he's not using an outside weather generator.  The video is impressive but without that information I'm hesitant to take it as a prediction of how VAS consumption and performance will look.  Would love to know more.  

That's a very helpful list but it still leaves some questions open.  It'd be nice to know what the in-sim settings are for VAS consumers like autogen, and what Vector features are in use.  Also, there's no AI apart from ORBX slow AI (is that related to an add-on airport?) and if I'm reading his notes correctly, he's not using an outside weather generator.  The video is impressive but without that information I'm hesitant to take it as a prediction of how VAS consumption and performance will look.  Would love to know more.

True. Show us with max Autogen and 100% AI airline AND ga and then we can comment.

True. Show us with max Autogen and 100% AI airline AND ga and then we can comment.

Or, for that matter, any level of autogen and AI, as long as we know what it is.  Just tell us what the settings were for the video.  Then we'd have a better idea of what we're actually seeing.  

There is a description area that you can view below the video. Click it. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Glad i stayed with FSX because those clouds look fs98 style. Horrible. Anyway...

Alan,

You didn't intend to- but you make a point that I find myself trying to drive home over and over and over again...

If I am reading between the lines correctly in your post- you are wondering "how much does the 747 affect VAS use?"

But you then go on to suggest that Jorge should have a ton of addons in place that are significantly larger consumers of VAS than the airplane...  yet you seem to be preparing to blame the airplane if the presentation then exceeds VAS limitations.

A year ago we ran a bunch of tests with various products to test how much VAS they use in controlled circumstances- and we found consistently that the airplane simulations from PMDG and many other aircraft developers used the lesser amount of VAS of all the other stuff that users pack in.

It is exceedingly unpopular when I say things like this, but users have to strike a balance.  Very few scenery designers seem at all concerned with their VAS footprint- but the blame keeps getting laid at our feet when we invested thousands of hours and delayed the 747 by months in order to develop a method that ultimately reduced our VAS footprint by 30% and more on existing products in the past 18 months... 

Yet the rate of complaints against PMDG aircraft being "VAS hogs" hasn't diminished a whit- all the while users keep loading 4096 textures for airports, clear glass windows, clouds, grass, sunspots on other galaxies and every other manner of memory consumer as if somehow those things don't stack up against their VAS use....

So what happened to the VAS savings we created?  It got vacuumed up by other developers...  And when the sim OOMs- they run to our tech support and yell at Paul, Ryan and Kyle...

Something to think about anyway.

IMPORTANT:  I'm not picking on YOU, Alan- but i thought the way you phrased your question was a great foil against which to reiterate my point.  When it comes to VAS and OOMs, generally speaking the problem isn't in the airplane.

• Upvote 15

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

sunspots on other galaxies

Now, how to get these, Robert? :Big Grin:

Don't slats move too slowly to raise in time when reverse thrust is started?

spacer.png