Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

Simaddon after Christmas sale

The P3D version of the Halifax scenery is an absolute flashing mess, and in the year since I've had it, it does not appear that Ralph has done/is doing anything to fix it. 

Caveat emptor.

Regards

Thank you Bob, and all,

I have noted the same thing insofar as Halifax is concerned, quite unusable. Have unchecked all those large photo "real" areas country wide to try to limit content to just airport areas only. Would love to disable things like the ultra green blurry "Mt Logan" area and limit coverage to runways and buildings only at all the airports, plus signature buildings deposited here and there.

However, there are some real masterpieces here, with Kelowna and Billy Bishop in Toronto coming to mind. They generally do an excellent job on buildings and most times the runways and taxiways work well, but the surrounding ground scenery does not nearly equal the same quality. Envtex grass texturing does seem to help make the grass more realistic though in some cases.

It was not what I expected overall, but with elevations of included airports excepted in ORBX Vector, all ORBX global products, landclasses and regions installed and priorized beneath Simaddon airports, it works. There are a lot of airports included that does add considerable value, and some excellent renderings of buildings second to none. Even still, caveat emptor is indeed warranted.

So there it is, a bit of give and a bit of take, a mixed bag. I did not intend to make this sound like a review, but just a wee window to what my thinking is after installing in P3D v 3.4, and sleeping on it.   :hi:

Kindest regards.