Sign in to follow this  
Pluto7777

The realistic world of simmers

No priest no, but I think each person is entitled to have is own opinion, and my opinion is that i have noticed that actually,  one of the biggest challenges of FSX and P3D groups has become the realization of the most beautiful and most realistic pictures of aircraft environments on the ground as in the air.

Pictures where microscopic cubes or lines in the background appear, are almost causing a tragedy for some guys !

Someone is pointing me at Aerowinx or Elite , OK so I point at photoshop then, there are many tools included to optimize pictures into perfection !

But i absolutely dont want to argue ;  this "best pictures-chasing" can indeed be a nice aspect of this hobby for some of us.

But everybody has his cup of tea, right ?

So why aren't you all flying Aerowinx PSX or Elite IFR?

Id love to have the aerowinx but it's a little expensive. I just bought the iFly 747 due to it being available already and I'm having a ball with the learning of its systems. Much like I did with the NGX....and still do.

I use 1024 textures in FSX, MORE then ample to get the job done. Low res trees and houses.....who notices the leaves when on approach in a 747 anyway?

If I want to look at scenic 'eye candy', I'll just walk out my front door into the real world. :)

• Upvote 1

I will admit to this:  After seeing something in reality and then going back to FSX generic is sort of a bummer.  That alone has almost got me to buy some addon scenery.

Edited by Jim Young
Image removed as screenshots are not allowed in topics unless to show a problem

The OP is right, but everybody is entitled to do what he likes in the sim

However, we drool on nice doctored vids and pics, but seldom there are flying discussions.

Most (90% ?) fly with an FMC and are hopelessly lost when doing the same thing with VOR and NDB's.

Or just fly by headings.

Funny thing is, when using amazing scenery, with amazing airports, I often even do see them due to the work load when flying old school.

As if I even can without it and still be satisfied.

After all those years I still struggle with a lot of 'real' flying. (without gps or fmc)

I use 1024 textures in FSX, MORE then ample to get the job done. Low res trees and houses.....who notices the leaves when on approach in a 747 anyway?

If I want to look at scenic 'eye candy', I'll just walk out my front door into the real world. :)

There are times like this, when I think almost everyone on Avsim flies only tubeliners, and I'm the only exception.  :smile:

I'm pretty sure that isn't true, though. If you're flying a helicopter, it's important to have situational awareness of nearby obstacles, and ground texture for landing. When you spend most of your time under 1,500 feet in a helicopter, or a small plane threading through a mountain pass to pick up a visual on a tiny airstrip on the side of a river, visual detail matters

There is more to flight than airliners. At least for some of us.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

There are times like this, when I think almost everyone on Avsim flies only tubeliners, and I'm the only exception.  :smile:

I'm pretty sure that isn't true, though. If you're flying a helicopter, it's important to have situational awareness of nearby obstacles, and ground texture for landing. When you spend most of your time under 1,500 feet in a helicopter, or a small plane threading through a mountain pass to pick up a visual on a tiny airstrip on the side of a river, visual detail matters

There is more to flight than airliners. At least for some of us.

I do fly smaller GA. and I don't need 4096 to fly VFR. But if you do, then by all means. :)

Hi Rafal, you must be the deputy at aerosoft, the forum where naughty boys are branded  with red negative points when posing  a stupid question, even customers spending +200 euros are stigmatized,  the way to stimulate sales at aerosoft ?

Hi Rafal, you must be the deputy at aerosoft, the forum where naughty boys are branded  with red negative points when posing  a stupid question, even customers spending +200 euros are stigmatized,  the way to stimulate sales at aerosoft ?

feeling caught, eh? I think what Rafal is trying to point out is the fact that you claim (or someone who uses your username) to be a retired commercial pilot at the aerosoft forum while here at AVSIM you talk about being a flight sim enthusiast trying to experience the life of a real pilot....are we trolling a bit?

im just a retired commercial pilot, wanting to enjoy this unique hobby

• Upvote 1

Whoop Whoop - avsim police ??  In early 80's i did single engine publicity banner towing, for wich i earned a wage, this combination requires a pilot to upgrade his license to a commercial version, due to the fact of practicing "payed air work"     now  satisfied officer ??

That still leaves my question open about the reason why aerosoft forum users are branded with negative red scores after posing a silly question, even newbie/customers at aerosoft store !

Please discuss issues between each other via PM's and not publically.  Thanks.

Think this discussion has gone far enough as we are receiving complaints and it is going way off topic.  Topic closed.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10