Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

xEnviro Lights Environment Mod 1.0.0

Interesting.  Another great mod made by Lua. :)

Hey Rich, this guy did Sedona! :)

Yup saw that be downloading that for sure  :wink:

It's not. It has absolutely nothing to do with what X-Enviro does. The naming of this mod is confusing and misleading. He might as well have called it the SkyMaxx Lights Environment Mod or the Orbx Lights Environment Mod... It makes no sense at all.

Yes but does it work with xenviro not on my pc at the moment 

Rich Sennett

Yup saw that be downloading that for sure  :wink:

Yes but does it work with xenviro not on my pc at the moment 

Since it is essentially a lua script, it'll work with anything, as Jan so eloquently pointed out. :wink:  

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Since it is essentially a lua script, it'll work with anything, as Jan so eloquently pointed out. :wink:  

Yes figured that - thanks 

Rich Sennett

I made a very quick and dirty test, showing off vs on.. frankly i like it better "off" at least with this shot (off meaning no script active).. Although the pittsburgh city buildings show up better with the script active.. not sure which is more realistic.. there doesnt seem to be a size difference in the lights, just brightness and maybe range.. a runway comparison in the dark would be another good test.

lightmod2.gif

edit:  here is a runway shot (near KPIT) (distant lights are dimmer, but the runway and closer lights are brighter, again, which is more realistic)

lightmod2kpit.gif

• Upvote 1

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Interesting thanks for the post  - certainly didnt address the banding and thought that was part of the deal  :wink: I like it on - just to dark at the moment for my taste having Maxxfx I can tweak more then others 

Hmm Like image 1 better than image 2  with it on guess I will have to play after PB5 released 

Rich Sennett

The .lua file is only 7 lines of code that's pretty self explanatory. Should be easy to tweak to your own taste.

So it doesn't extend the night lighting visibility radius? (My one reservation with XP night lighting.)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

So it doesn't extend the night lighting visibility radius? (My one reservation with XP night lighting.)

Same concern here also didnt notice it until I got into higher altitudes and spent more time with sim - lower altitudes pretty cool 

Rich Sennett

If you use Jardesign A330 this mod does not work - cant see thru the vc windows unless you shut of vc rain in A330 options and I am not giving that up 

Rich Sennett

Was this .lua, bait-fodder to get account sign-ups?  The name of the script...hmmmm...

I wouldnt bother but here you go

set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_far", 15.00)
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_for_zoom", 1.00)
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/bloom_near", 50000.00)
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/dist_far", 8000.00)
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/dist_near", 10.00)
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/exponent_far", 0.47)
set( "sim/private/controls/lights/exponent_near", 0.20)

Rich Sennett

Hi,

Looks okay, but is missing that glow. Started working on night lighting myself.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck