Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS V2 and GTN database update

3 hours ago, markyharris said:

As long as you have a subscription at fly.garmin.com to download and program the data cards in a real GNS 430/530 used in an actual plane, you can extract the data and use it in your simulator. If this is the case, feel free to PM me and I may be able to direct you.

Mark

Thanks for your support but I don't have a subscription for the real GNS 430/530. I'm just a simmer who wants to simulate as real as possible and can't afford such an expensive subscription.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, markyharris said:

As long as you have a subscription at fly.garmin.com to download and program the data cards in a real GNS 430/530 used in an actual plane, you can extract the data and use it in your simulator. If this is the case, feel free to PM me and I may be able to direct you.

Mark

I have a subscription with Jeppesen to update my data cards for my 430W.  I haven't used fly.garmin to update, but  assume it works the same as the Jepp subscription.  The Jepp software programs the card directly.  The 430/530 cards are not readable directly by a computer.  Can anyone explain to me how someone that has a legitimate subscription to update a 430/530 can update the database?  It seriously limits the use of this software when the navdata is out of date.  

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Suggest you PM Mark for instructions, as offered..

You are unlikely to get a detailed explanation on this forum because of copyright concerns..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Can somebody please explain to me how to update the gns430 navdata for fsx. My database is from 2007 or something, and per this forum, I've downloaded the Garmin Trainer, but I have not idea what I am doing. Help please!!!

Once I obtain my own .bin file what file and file location do I replace it in Windows to get Reality XP have the current database?

Just purchased 430 & 530 for XP 11. 

Is it only possible to update DB via active garmin subscription? As a student PPL Pilot I'm willing to buy it, but I have no real garmin device, therefore I cannot register one to buy subscription.

@crashmax Hi, I think there are suggestions in this discussion 50+ messages. Some users are generously offering to be contacted by PM for example.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, velez66 said:

So ☹️ there is still no solution available to update the database on the 530 W?

It has been said before.. but let me repeat it..

A real world GNS database can be used to update the Garmin GNS Trainer.

If you own a real GNS, or know a pilot who does, you may have access to a current, or a discarded expired copy that can be used.

The most popular Worldwide (WW) database which still includes small airports is the 1513 dataset.

Early in 2016, Garmin changed the packaging of the navdata, and removed small airports from the WW navdata.

If you only fly in a single region, however, you may be able to find a regional database copy with 2018 data.

OR, if you do not need small airports, look for a newer WW dataset.

If you are looking to simply upgrade to 1513 WW data for flightsimming, you can contact me via PM with your email address.

If you require more recent data, look around and see if you can find some expired data that meets your needs.. :cool:

• Like 3

Bert

Thanks Bert

My apologies if the question was answered at other threads. I just wanted to get a better idea of what is required or updated information. I appreciate immensely your response. 

Thanks

Hector

For people w/o real planes or GPSes, I can say that Jepp doesn't ask for a GPS serial #, they want a tail # and whether the unit is WAAS. I believe the one-time Navdata purchase is about $100. You don't need any hardware beyond a USB stick.

I suppose the easy solution is to use the GTN sim, but I wanted the 530W because that is what I have and use for IFR flying. The WAAS unit gets you the ability to do precision (LPV) approaches and the real 530W provides glidepath guidance in NP RNAV approaches as well. I live in a mountainous area and that plus the terrain info helps a lot.

• Like 1

Hello all, Ive been doing a lot of research on a way to update the nav data on the gns 530. Looks like the best way is to find the .bin file from the 1513 cycle. Have tried every other way I found online and checked with all my friends to see if anyone had a version of the trainer with the right data in it with no luck. If anyone out there could point me towards that file I would greatly appreciate it .Im just a flight sim pilot so no access to any real garmin updates. Thank you