RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 database update

As long as you have a subscription at fly.garmin.com to download and program the data cards in a real GNS 430/530 used in an actual plane, you can extract the data and use it in your simulator. If this is the case, feel free to PM me and I may be able to direct you.

Mark

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, markyharris said:

As long as you have a subscription at fly.garmin.com to download and program the data cards in a real GNS 430/530 used in an actual plane, you can extract the data and use it in your simulator. If this is the case, feel free to PM me and I may be able to direct you.

Mark

Thanks for your support but I don't have a subscription for the real GNS 430/530. I'm just a simmer who wants to simulate as real as possible and can't afford such an expensive subscription.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, markyharris said:

Mark

I have a subscription with Jeppesen to update my data cards for my 430W.  I haven't used fly.garmin to update, but  assume it works the same as the Jepp subscription.  The Jepp software programs the card directly.  The 430/530 cards are not readable directly by a computer.  Can anyone explain to me how someone that has a legitimate subscription to update a 430/530 can update the database?  It seriously limits the use of this software when the navdata is out of date.  

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Suggest you PM Mark for instructions, as offered..

You are unlikely to get a detailed explanation on this forum because of copyright concerns..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Once I obtain my own .bin file what file and file location do I replace it in Windows to get Reality XP have the current database?